Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Whistler this season?

Poster: A snowHead
I went to Whistler last March and it was the awful. The least snow they'd had in decades. I'm considering going back in about a month. Has anyone been this season and can share your impression? Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fei, welcome to SnowHeads, I too was there last March, but fortunately they had fresh snow the day we arriv. ed. Apparently it's much better this season.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been 9 times so far Smile
November was quite good, December not so good, but January has been excellent, and forecasts are looking good for more snow and low freezing levels. Good coverage and powder in the alpine. Already posted this in the snow reports section, but I'll copy and paste it here:

Jan 7th: Whistler
Peak was fairly decent, but Harmony was quite crappy (coverage was fine, just the snow was hard). Long liftlines everywhere. We were going to do the Flute hike after lunch, as we'd talked to people who did it in the morning and said it was great, but when we got to the gate it was closed Sad Instead went down a nice tree run that had some great snow, and ended up finding a place to build a powder kicker, also in nice snow. Got a ride back on a snowmobile from a really nice ski patrol guy around 4:30.
Reading this over it sound like a good report, but it should be noted that conditions were fairly hard everywhere except the peak chair and the backcountry stuff towards Flute.

Jan 8th: Blackcomb
Stayed over night so got up on one of the first chairs (Wizard chair). 7 cm fresh over night, but seemed like at least 10 in the high alpine. Glacier was closed in the morning, so we did a warmup run down Jersey Cream, then headed over to 7th Heaven and had a great run through the trees, with soft, dry, and largely untracked powder. Then headed over to Couloir Extreme which was nice but a bit more cut up. Then headed over to Spanky's which was again fairly nice, semi-tracked powder. Then back to 7th for the long traverse to I think Xiggy's Meadow (4 bowls or so over?), which had some good powder. After that a few more tree runs (more tracked than before but still pretty decent), then lunch as visibility dissapeared on 7th. After that we skied park, which was pretty hard-packed, sometimes very icey.
Weather was fairly cold and windy throughout the day, with good visibility through most of the day, though the odd time decending into clouds. Overall I felt that conditions were significantly better on Blackcomb, with shorter lift lines as well.

Since then the snow's been great: 35 cm (!!!) overnight on the 8th, and 24 cm on the 9th. Generally around 10-20 cm forecasted per day every day for the rest of the week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been here since December, would concur with the report above.

However in the past week I've been up early every morning and enjoyed at least 3 runs of fresh untracked stuff of at least 20cm deep.

The 35 cm overnight was nominal - I dropped into Catskinner Bumps that morning and it came up to my chest!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another huge night - 31 cm of fresh overnight on the night of the 12th (last night), with 15-20 forecast during the day today and another 10-15 overnight! Can't wait for the weekend!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
88cms now in the last day or so - snow is so deep that I found a whole new way to get myself in trouble, jumping off cliffs and then getting buried! Shocked snowHead
I keep meaning to have a day off but the powder just keeps on coming -life's tough!! Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was up today too, it was unbelievable! 30cm of fresh overnight, with 57cm in the last 24 hourse, 89cm in the last 48, and 178 in the last week. Spent most of the day in the trees off 7th Heaven in possibly the deepest snow I've ever skied. Absolutely incredible conditions!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I caught the very start of this storm cycle - it was great but gutted I had to leave before it really went off. Did manage a memorable run down the blowhole followed by Blackcomb Glacier just after the T-bar opened and just as the sun came out for the first time during my whole stay! Finished with snow plastered all down my front Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had continuous face shots all mornings in fresh tracks..... more forecast to come Tuesday!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fei,

Save your money and head for Sunshine, al least you are guaranteed snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy

Sunshine:
Base: 162cm
New snow in the last 6 days (they don't have a stat for last week): 70cm

Whistler:
Base: 252cm
New snow in the last week: 174cm
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, although I loved the fact we didn't have to drive to the slopes every day in Whistler, there was something about it I didn't like. Everything was geared up to making you spend money. Lunch on the mountain was always awful, couldn't compare to Trappers,and wasn't cheap. Although most of the restaurants were excellent, we had a couple of meals that were extortionate. Personally I preferred Banff, but then hubby and kids would probably disagree.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's definitely a town manufactured for Intrawest profits. With that being said, Whistler does have a great night life, and you can get decent value if you know where to go.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, Sunshine over Whistler? I don't think so
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has it ever rained in Sunshine during the ski season?? I doubt it.

If I'm going to pay a few grand to ski in Canada, I want to go to a place where there is no chance of rain. Whistler can't deliver that.
ski holidays
In November, December and April you can risk rain in Whistler, but January, Feburary and March are generally very snowsure, at least for the upper halves of the mountains.
snow report
I don't want to knock Whistler, I know it is an excellent resort, it's just that I only get 1-2 weeks in the snow per year and I like to ski back to the village in nice cold snow rather than slush.
snow report
Stay away from Whistler. It's a bloody awful place.

Don't come here.
ski holidays
I have no intention of going there. I hope it rains on you Twisted Evil
latest report
johnboy wrote:
I don't want to knock Whistler, I know it is an excellent resort, it's just that I only get 1-2 weeks in the snow per year and I like to ski back to the village in nice cold snow rather than slush.

does Sunshine have a village to ski down to? Razz Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I wasn't necessaraly refering to Sunshine, although the Sunshine Inn is a fantastic place to stay a few nights.
latest report
Why is it (and I note your location) that the WP's * (as they are affectionately known here by the antipodeans) always always have to moan about something?

I mean, there is over 8000 acres of skiiable terrain, plus over 200km of groomed runs if that is your sort of thing, but hell. The ski down to the village is slushy when it rains.

That constitues 6 minutes out of my skiing day, from 0815 until 1700. Why ski at the lower elevations when all the good stuff is above 1000m?

As I write we have had 20cm today in the day, plus it's going to be 25cm+ overnight tonight. Add that to the 145cm/57 inches we've had in the last 7 days, and the 250cm/98inch snowbase that currently exists.

But no. I must punish myself and ski the slushy run to the village tomorrow, instead of finding fresh tracks through the trees.

rolling eyes

* Whinging Poms
ski holidays
veeeight wrote:
Why is it (and I note your location) that the WP's * (as they are affectionately known here by the antipodeans) always always have to moan about something?

I mean, there is over 8000 acres of skiiable terrain, plus over 200km of groomed runs if that is your sort of thing, but hell. The ski down to the village is slushy when it rains.

That constitues 6 minutes out of my skiing day, from 0815 until 1700. Why ski at the lower elevations when all the good stuff is above 1000m?

As I write we have had 20cm today in the day, plus it's going to be 25cm+ overnight tonight. Add that to the 145cm/57 inches we've had in the last 7 days, and the 250cm/98inch snowbase that currently exists.

But no. I must punish myself and ski the slushy run to the village tomorrow, instead of finding fresh tracks through the trees.

rolling eyes

* Whinging Poms

Well this WP was complaining about having to knock at least 10 cm of snow off the top of my skis having been in the GLC for an hour or two, what's more I'm going to winge about getting up really early to get up there and ski fresh tracks in the snowHead 30 to 40cm or so of fresh in the morning - it's all bad, terrible in fact, why can't I ski on some hard, busy, icy pistes? snowHead

PS when's Australia day - last year they weren't to interested in my cricket tips outside the longhorn, just took sympathy, this year things'll be different...
snow report
stuarth wrote:
PS when's Australia day

Next Thursday (26th)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy