Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to Ischgl transfer

Poster: A snowHead
traveling from Innsbruck to Galtur 17/12/15.
anybody any information on best way to get there, train is looking best bet as transfers to expensive for a single traveler.
Or if anyone interested in sharing the cost of transfer to the Ischgl area.
I land in Innsbruck at 10.20am from Manchester
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@martone, Train to Landeck and then the bus. Or a cab is about 150€
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get the train to Landeck, then No. 4240 bus from stand C. It will take you all the way to Galtur. This is the cheapest way of doing it. A taxi from Landeck will probably cost around 70+ euros and is not much quicker than the bus.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used these before - http://www.gangl-transfers.at/index.php?lang=en and I can highly recommend them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en
15.90 euros to Landeck
Probably 10 euros to Galtur

Journey takes around 3 hours
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We've booked transfers with Shuttle Direct. Think it was bout £65 each. Yes dearer than public transport but it's a private transfer so hopefully less faff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mayr wrote:

That's the issue - it's an hour in a cab. I normally go public transport out, cab back
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27 wrote:
mayr wrote:

That's the issue - it's an hour in a cab. I normally go public transport out, cab back

Really you're looking at a good 1.5 hour drive. A lot of the motorway is now permanently restricted to 100kph, and there are quite a few road works on top of that.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
A lot of the motorway is now permanently restricted to 100kph

Yeah, that really makes a huge difference on the huge stretch between Innsbruck and Landeck..... Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Langerzug, yes, particularly the numerous road works where you can only drive 60 or 80. It's hardly the end of the world, but does make paying more a private transfer to save time (compared to the train) less attractive. IMO.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The few short stretches that used to be 130 really did not make the difference, that's what I'm saying.
And road works will be over before the start of high-season!
Our taxi has been bringing us from Innsbruck to Lech within approx. 1.15 hours over the last 7 years, on saturdaymornings. Making it possible to be in Lech at around 10.30, and skiing before 11.30 (including time for a cappuccino overlooking sunny Lech from our landlady). Not so with bus from Airport to station, train from station to station, and bus from station to hotel......
Similar will be true for Ischgl.Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Langerzug, 1.15 sounds about right for Lech - generally takes me around an hour to St Anton (+10 to 15 mins over the pass). Ischgl always seems to take longer, but that's mostly 'cos the road from Landeck up into Paznaunertal is pretty slow, rather than the state of the motorway.

In the scale of the full journey you're right - it's not that much time (enough to get annoying doing the journey twice a week mind!). My point was mainly that it normally takes longer than 1 hour to get to Ischgl by road, to help the OP decide if the time savings of doing that are worth it compared to the cheaper train option (basically you only save about 1.5 hours going by road, which costs at least €100 more if you're alone).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:
mayr wrote:

For me I have no issue with spending 3 hours on public transport which is usually very punctual, compared to spending less time driving and having to think about traffic volumes, roadworks, road/weather conditions etc etc. Taking a cab for the whole or part journey just isnt worth the additional cost as it may only save a bit of time.

If I was really worried about losing time, I would be taking a helicopter transfer, as some others do Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27 wrote:
mayr wrote:

It really depends on the priority.

OP lands in Innsbruck 10:20 am. With a cab, he could potentially be on the slope by 12. Whether that's worth 100 euro is for him to decide.

Unless you always have a tight connection for your homeward flight, I don't quite see the point of taking a cab on the home leg.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
abc wrote:
red 27 wrote:
mayr wrote:

It really depends on the priority.

OP lands in Innsbruck 10:20 am. With a cab, he could potentially be on the slope by 12. Whether that's worth 100 euro is for him to decide.

Unless you always have a tight connection for your homeward flight, I don't quite see the point of taking a cab on the home leg.

Haha

I am not a gambling person but I would love to have a bet on whether someone landing at 1020 at Innsbruck can be on the slopes (let's say at Idalp) by 12 noon the same day.
I imagine by the time they have collected luggage at reclaim, cleared immigration/border control, found their cab, reached Ischgl, checked in at their hotel, got changed, collected their lift pass, (maybe hired skis and boots etc) and taken either the Silvrettabahn or the Fimbabahn up to Idalp...it will be well past noon o'clock Very Happy
ski holidays
@mayr, No doubt you're very experienced at this also, I suspect you ski regularly through the season and so taking public transport probably doesn't have a major impact on your skiing time. However, for us 1 week a year skiers the shorter the journey time the better. Flippant remarks about taking helicopter flights is flippant and only serves to wee wee people off Evil or Very Mad

I'll let you know how our private transfer goes timewise on 23rd Jan as we land at 9:30am Little Angel
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
@mayr, No doubt you're very experienced at this also, I suspect you ski regularly through the season and so taking public transport probably doesn't have a major impact on your skiing time. However, for us 1 week a year skiers the shorter the journey time the better. Flippant remarks about taking helicopter flights is flippant and only serves to wee wee people off Evil or Very Mad

I'll let you know how our private transfer goes timewise on 23rd Jan as we land at 9:30am Little Angel

The remark was not flippant (shock horror...some people actually do this) wink

Take a chill pill.

No need to let me personally know how your private transfer goes, but if you make it to Idalp by 11.10am on the same day and are ready to ski, I'll buy you a beer Very Happy
snow report
cheers guys,
train it is then, time really isn't an issue didn't intend skiing till Friday anyway as I'm there 11 days and my flight home is at 7.00 in the evening.
Its more cost as a single traveler the transfers cost more than the flight.
snow conditions
hire a car
ski holidays
Bus from outside the airport to the train station. Train to Landeck. Bus to Galtur. It's an easy low stress journey.
snow conditions
@Oceanic, will do thanks, hoping for some more snowfall between now and then
latest report
Small amount of snow forecast here tonight/tomorrow.....more to follow.
snow report
mayr wrote:
halfhand wrote:

The remark was not flippant (shock horror...some people actually do this) wink

Take a chill pill.

No need to let me personally know how your private transfer goes, but if you make it to Idalp by 11.10am on the same day and are ready to ski, I'll buy you a beer Very Happy

Oooh patronising as well. I never claimed to be ready to ski by 11:10am but I'll gladly let you buy me a beer. It's all about the transfer old bean (I do patronising too wink )
ski holidays
@halfhand, Add whatever label you like, I am really not that bothered....sticks and stones and all that.

Two posts from you remarking on how my posts are written in the same thread... You are perfectly entitled not to like something, but you will fail on every attempt if trying to influence me to write something just to please you or to conform with your ideals. So hard cheese old man Razz
latest report
Flippant....patronising.....what's next?
snow report
Tumbleweeds Laughing Laughing
latest report
I was in Zermatt in 2009 just after the recession started and one of the restaurant maitre d's heard my Scottish accent and asked where I was from. When I said Edinburgh, he asked if I knew a certain person (who is a high level businessman). Of course I didn't, but the maitre went on to say that he thought things must be very tough, since Mr X had taken the Easyjet to Geneva and the train to Brig and a cab up to Zermatt, instead of his usual private jet to Sion and a helicopter up the valley. It was round about then that I began to worry about the cost of the meal...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy