Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 places for an evening meal in Tignes le Lac?

Poster: A snowHead
Never stayed in Tignes Le Lac before but staying in Les Almes next week, self-catering but not planning on cooking Madeye-Smiley.

Can someone give me THREE picks please for places to eat in the evening and tell me just ONE bar worth going to for that essential cold one?
1) Gastro offering - a special treat >EUR30 a head, food only
2) mid-range - circa EUR25, food only
3) cheerful and filling - <EUR20, food only

Bar: ...

If I was asked the reciprocal question about Val d'Isere, then I'd say:
for 1) L'Arolay
for 2) Bananas
for 3) The pizza place in Iseran 2000 (if it's even there any more)

Bar: Petit Danois for a tipple of Red Erik but later in the evening.

Have had lunches at Aspen Lodge burger bar in Val Claret and love that so would make that a "number 2" as above.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd say the Aspen falls into the "cheerful and filling under 20 euro" category.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3) Seriously filling are the burgers at the Marmot Pub. Watching a human being manage to finish a meal there is quite a thing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Lac?

Clin d'Oeil was an expensive 1 - but was closed last year.

Bagus Cafe is good - great pizza but also has a proper evening menu. Perhaps falls into your number 2 category but could definitely be a 3 if you just stuck to Pizza?

Marmot is good for beers too - our group are all in our 40s and never made to feel 'too old' there despite actually being.............too old Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure about restaurants for evening eating as always stayed in a chalet in Tignes, but I always like Loop bar whenever I go in there for a drink.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
1) L'arbine
3) The Loop
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gastro - sadlt following the demise of the Arbina Restaurant to a tour op and the closure of the Clein D'Oeil - one of the hotels like the Paquis or Campanules (watch out for their speciality nights seafood and Asian last year. Other than that Queue de Cochon in Lavachet or Karl Gustav in Val Claret.

Mid range Eterlou on Rue de la Poste - Savoyarde.

Cheerful and filling - almost anywhere - but when I go out I go up market as I do cheerful and filling in my kitchen!

Aspen is lunchtimes only!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chocksaway, Oh, shame about L'Arbina
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The best restaurant IMO is le farm des trois cappucines. The food in there can't be beaten.

Excuse my rubbish French spellings😎
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JamesN wrote:
The best restaurant IMO is le farm des trois cappucines. The food in there can't be beaten.

Excuse my rubbish French spellings😎

I need to get my eyes tested -- twice I read it as "The food in there can't be Eaten." Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+ 1 for the farm
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bar:-
Lavachet - TCs, Brasero
le Lac - Loop, Marmots, Jam
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's just perfect, thank you!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks, in le Lac in January. Chalet board but will need a restaurant on the Wednesday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Big treat: looks like i have to try La Ferme. Think I'll tell the group it's my birthday. They make their own cheese, hurrah!
Anyone know if it is open already?

Eterlou for a mini-treat?
Bar and everyday food at Marmot - ta Nelly & Co.
Potential for Loop also.

Job done - 3 more snowless nights to Tignes ;o)
snow conditions
@Grinning, I forgot that La Ferme - if you plan to have the Cote de Boeuf (min 2 pers) stop eating now and don't plan to eat the following day its huuuuuuge (but very nice). If you have kids they will love it as you can normally see the animals in the barn through picture windows from the restaurant - worry not they are pong proof!
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
they are pong proof!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
No 9 as in this list:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/picture-galleries/12001629/best-ski-mountain-restaurants.html?frame=3503242

My fav mountain resto - Ferme des Trois Capucines. Evening menu is ussaly the best bet. Actually, every time I stay in La Lac it is always with Les Almes Smile
snow report
New restaurant opened up in Val Claret next door to and owned by the Pignata brothers: Oh La Vache.
Eur45 per head for 5 incl 2 bottles of Gigondas, main and desserts all round. Simple menu pricing and unlimited side (choice of dauphinois, frites,lovely leaf salad).
Very friendly staff and fun Sommelier from Nice, albeit a boarder 😀.
La Ferme edges it but good to have a choice, definitely going back to Oh La Vache.

Jam Bar was just the best. Friendliest patrons who craft the freshest pasta dishes in the smallest space - yum.
latest report
Quote:
New restaurant opened up in Val Claret next door to and owned by the Pignata brothers: Oh La Vache
We were in Tignes a couple of weeks ago and tried a new (at least since we were there in April 2014) place next to the ski tunnel near Tufs lift in Val Claret.

It's called 'Coffee.' Not a particularly inspiring name but really lovely inside - a mix of rustic dining and comfy sofas with sheepskins, Nice for an apres beer or cup of cup of coffee. Food prices reasonable (lasagne €15 etc) and a varied menu, although portions weren't particularly large. Nevertheless, a nice addition to Val Claret restaurants.

Another vote for La Ferme at Lavachet. Really lovely place and prices very reasonable.
snow conditions
Just make sure you pronounce Oh La Vache in a French accent - a posh English version may cause hilarity (eau la vache??!!)
ski holidays
chocksaway,
Thats got me stumped. Wouldn't a posh Englishman pronounce "oh" completely differently to the French word for "water" anyway? Thus avoiding any potential hilarity? Puzzled
snow report
another vote for eterlou esf eat there
snow conditions
@Bergmeister, I just heard one of the expats pronounce it as 'eau de vache' which made me giggle, which led to a quizzical look from them. Maybe its just my warped sense of humour.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy