Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for women

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My GF has been away twice but I think is still not too confident, and have bought a Bataleon Feelbetter and is now after some bindings, which Ive been lumbered with for Xmas.

Ive been looking at Burton Scribes/Stilettos, but any recommendations, bonus if they do the colour in white!

Just to clarify, its just all mountain for someone whos a beginner still, but would like to last a couple of seasons, so not fond of buying something like the Burton Citizen which has reviews that youll outgrow them too quick.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't worry too much about here outgrowing the Citizen. I wouldn't pay much attention to any snowboard review ever written either...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get her lessons and burton stilettos - bindings make chuff all difference if you're not confident.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Union Rosa worth a look I know a number of women who use them and they're well regarded.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stilettos are good but I would highly recommend Now IPO or Vetta if your budget stretches that far
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aren't the IPO for men ?

What about the burton scribe ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can get IPO in small to suit a smaller boot i.e... women, kids and small footed men, personally can't really see the point of female specific bindings other than adding pink or pastel colours and given them names like Stiletto.

My Mrs rode Stilettos for about 3 years but then moved to Now after I got a pair of NOW Select. They are the nest bindings ever! Believe the hype, I get no pain or pressure, they help the board turn with practically no effort and as a result you get more out of your trip due to less fatigue, aches and pains.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
im a total beginner and my mrs is only 5 days better, would the IPO be too much for her?

arent the womens bindings have smaller highbacks?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what makes the Now's so good and worth the cash?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
plenty of reviews out there on the Now bindings. It's hard to explain what a difference they make. I've been riding 20 years all I can say is I won't ride anything else now.....(No I'm not getting paid for this)

If the Mrs is a beginner then Stilettos will be fine though....less outlay cost wise in the beginning and if either of you decide to give up after a a couple holidays then you've not spent too much

Yes some women's highback are smaller but also remember most bindings come in sizes - Small, Medium, Large so a small unisex binding is fine for a women....assuming she don't have massive feet!. Its's more important to get the right size binding and correctly adjust it including the forward lean of the high back than buying a specific model for either sex
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shes a 7 so quick big! bizzarley.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ended up with 2016 scribe, toe strap look nice, and straps look good to adjust,hopefully that will last a couple of trips.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy