Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I buy XXXXL ski hemets in London

Poster: A snowHead
I am really in desperate need of getting a helmet that will fit my big head. I know I have left it a bit late as I'm leaving for season on monday. Can anyone give me some advice about where I can find a ski helmet that is about 65cm or bigger. Perferbly would like to know ski shops I can visit in London or any that will ship to the french alps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head for Covent Garden in London. You will find Snow & Rock, Ellis Brigham, Cotswold Outdoor, and a couple of others.

I don't know about XXXL helmets, as I need a 62cm, so generally take a XL or XXL in most brands.

This link indicates that many brands don't go that large: http://skihelmets.com/size_breakdown.asp
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tdaulphi, 65cm?? srsly? Shocked

I think you're going to need to get one custom made - that's enormous.

Perhaps a really thick bobble hat lined with bubble wrap would be a better bet?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tdaulphi, Smith vantage comes in 63cm to 67cm size

for example (rather expensive, but you get the idea)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smith-Mens-Vantage-Snow-Helmet/dp/B00EXLM8GG/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1449260968&sr=1-1&keywords=smith+vantage&tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Decathlon. Otherwise ring around to see who has the biggest Giros in XX and XXX.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
God damn, I'm 62cm and always proudly called myself a melon head. Toofy Grin

I use a Marker Ampire and I have to tighten it a little bit. You may me able to squeeze into one.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Zorrac, Good spot on the Smith helmets, I had no idea that anyone made a helmet going to 67cm. Whether anyone stocks one is a different matter.

My biggest gripe when I was looking for a new helmet with the MIPS system, is that most manufacturers just inserted the MIPS layer inside their existing range of helmet shells. Now while this is the most economical and quickest way to bring the helmet to market, it means that the helmet is around 1cm smaller than advertised size.

My second gripe is that Sweet Protection and POC, who make some of the best helmets (both in terms of appearance and function), seem to think an XL helmet should be no larger than 61cm. I really wanted a Sweet Protection Grimnir, which is a carbon work of art, but such is their sizing, even the XL 61cm helmet wasn't even close to getting on my head. Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tdaulphi, Feel your pain. Get in and try them on. I am also blessed wth an oversize swede. Scott and Salomon are about the only two I've been able to fit on my head. Try them on as the shape will make the difference.
Also shave your head and put in the snow for 5 minutes before putting the lid on. Buy a black lid as its apparently slimming. Good Luck.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I need 63cm helmets, no luck in Decathlon but have had had ones that fit from Smith in the past and my current one is a Head Stivot.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Giro do big ones too. Different shape from Smith, which don't really fit me propy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Tdaulphi, unless you're heading somewhere really tiny, you'll probably have a better selection in France...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@PowderAdict, if your after MIPS the Smith Camber range has an MIPS option that has an XL size, which I just got myself and it fits really well.

I'm the same as you, the Sweet Protection XL helmets did not fit right at all!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RichardB, Thanks for the info. When I was looking last year, the best fit I could find was the POC Fornix Backcountry MIPS, very light, but I did not like the style. Fortunately this year GIRO have released their MIPS snow helmets, and the 'Range' helmet with its split design fits perfectly.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bump on szing question - tempted by a black friday deal on a Sweet as could probably go a new helmet but definitely in the XL Giro size range. Found Decathlon's biggest was comfortable enough. Do I take it that Sweet L/XL really comes up short on the XL sizing?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Sweet Protection come up short on size. Their XL is an L in nearly everyone else's ranges. I think they top out at 61cm, and are even smaller if you go for the MIPS version, as they are the non-MIPS helmet size with MIPS liner inside (probably taking another 1cm). Strangely POC are the same, many models only go up to 61cm.

I'm a 62.5cm big head, and GIRO Large (59-63cm) fits me fine.
ski holidays
Found one POC once on a whole demo stand that would fit me - something like XXL in a Fenix Pro. The Sweet looks like a no go then - £44 on Snowtrax for anyone with a normal sized skull/less brains wink
snow conditions
I could get into the XXL POC Fornix Backcountry MIPS, but it wasn't good look for me. I fancied the POC Receptors, but they were all too small.
snow report
@Tdaulphi, I was in SkiBartlett in Hillingdon (out by Heathrow) a couple of weeks ago and they have good stock of helmets, many XL versions. There were a at least a couple there that are that size (i am 62cm) that don't sit high on the head as 62 is mid size range for the xl or xxl.
They are knowledgeable and accommodating, I also defy you to leave without at least a minor purchase of something ski orientated.
snow conditions
Have you tried Bern? They go up pretty large.
ski holidays
@Tdaulphi,

Are you including your nose when measuring your swede? Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy