Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Loose binding - the solution?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

A friend of mine has binding which has come loose from this skis. He's tried tightening but the screws are spinning but not tightening into the ski. What do we think the issues is here and what is/are the potential solution(s) to get these fixed?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Joey
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For a start m not a ski technician, i dont own skis, iv only skied 15+ days so i may be completely wrong however wouldnt that mean like in plaster board, screw too much and eventually the hole will enlarge leaving that original screw useless. Get a thicker screw normally sorts it out on pictures etc, on ski's though can you do that? I dont know, would make sense though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speak to John at the Piste Office for a definitive answer, I believe the best solution is to use a "quiver Killer" which is an oversized grommet that goes into the ski and it receives a new bolt that holds the binding in place. failing that some araldite may provide a temporary solution.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A decent ski tech will be able to put a Helicoil into the hole which will take the original screw.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As others have mentioned you need to get a tech to helicoil the spinners or Jon at the Piste Office can put a steel insert in there that will do a similar job. I would not ski them until they are fixed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you can't get them helicoiled then slowcure araldite into the holes with bits of wire wool. The wire wool gives something for the screw to grip onto.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you or your friend are reasonably DIY competent, no need to get a tech to fix them: just buy some Q.Ks from Jon and fit them yourself: the holes are already there in the skis, so just drill the original hole with the oversized bit, epoxy and insert the Q.K.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fitting Quiver Killers will work. I did mine recently but for the ability to remove bindings and not as a repair.

Have a look here to see the story of my fitting.

QKs are not a cheap fix and if cost is an issue some of the other suggestions may be better.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As said previously, you should either install inserts (preferably brass over plastic) or Quiver Killers to fix the stripped thread in the core of the ski.

If cost is an issue, it will probably be cheaper to take them somewhere that will install the inserts for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy