Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Duty Free Geneva Pricing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a little word of caution, I priced an Apple Ipad case this morning at 79.- landside (with better stock) and 109.- (!!) duty free airside...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need a small mortgage to buy anything in geneva airport
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I often wonder who would buy a watch for £50k+ at an airport, (presumably) on a whim.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Little Martin wrote:
You need a small mortgage to buy anything in geneva airport

The Poire William in the booze shop isn't bad. And one new years eve I got a bottle of black grouse for cheaper than Tesco (but that isn't saying much these days)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booze in Switzerland is relatively cheap, despite the strength of the CHF, due to the lower taxes. You can usually get whisky cheaper than in Scotland; Australian and Argentinean wine cheaper than in Aus/Arg etc.

However, this does not apply to the airport. "Duty Free" is in fact, fairly pointless, because the duty is half that charged in EU countries and the airport mark-up more than double. If you're buying chocolate or booze at GVA, buy it in a supermarket outside the airport or at least, in the Migros at the other end of the train station. It's a bit of a walk through the train station, but worth it to save a few CHFs.

Problem with booze bought landside of course, is that you have to pack it in your checked in luggage.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
do Migros sell booze? The one in Annemasse doesn't. I like to travel light when I fly. So loading myself up with heavy bottles to save the cost of a couple of cups of coffee doesn't happen.

Why do otherwise intelligent people buy enormous bars of Toblerone at not-very-special-prices?

Gva used to have quite good deals on fags, back in the day when I used to buy them for my brother.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
do Migros sell booze?

Thanks for the reminder why I never shop there. They don't, because the founder was a teetotaller. However, chocolate at Migros at the GVA CFF station will likely be half the price as inside the airport.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snoozeboy wrote:
pam w wrote:
do Migros sell booze?

Thanks for the reminder why I never shop there. They don't, because the founder was a teetotaller. However, chocolate at Migros at the GVA CFF station will likely be half the price as inside the airport.

I always thought that quite funny. I can't but any booze in the shop, but if I go into their restaurant I can get a beer
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, I read somewhere that Toblerone is the best selling chocolate bar in the world, with Snickers in 2nd place. Guilt-driven absent parents in duty-free shops?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

chocolate at Migros at the GVA CFF station will likely be half the price as inside the airport.

yes, and there are plenty of sandwiches and other snacks available for half the price too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2 toblerones are on offer for 16CHF in GVA duty free. In the "last stop DF" in arrivals in LHR its 3 for £12 rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always stock up at the Migros in the railway station - much better value!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just go to the lounge and help yourself to the yummy truffles
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
Just a little word of caution, I priced an Apple Ipad case this morning at 79.- landside (with better stock) and 109.- (!!) duty free airside...

Yes, while I'm used to Swiss prices, that electrical shop really takes the mick and I'm amazed it ever does any business.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy