Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

criterium de la premiere neige

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Off to EK on 9th Dec and usually ski both Val an Tignes, bur noticed the criterium de la premiere is arriving on Friday 11th. Anyone know how this will affect the slopes?
Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Floss, normally affects the race piste (Orange from the funival down to La Daille?) but you can still get down using other pistes - based on being in the area when there was some race or another being held
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As nbt says the racing doesn't affect the slopes much, the EK is a very large area.

The Ski World Cup is also nice to watch. I believe it will the Womens downhill scheduled for the 11/13th. The bib draw for starting places takes place in the main street on a stage near the tourist office where they also hold the medal ceremonies the evening after the races.

Are you travelling alone or with a group?

If you're a reasonable standard skier PM me I arrive in Val d'isere from the 6th to 12th of December.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Almost not at all. Good atmosphere however.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It just makes getting round that bit of the EK a bit inconvenient. This year the artificial snow has been focussed on the race course - so the other routes to La Daille may be a bit thin. Face will remain closed until after the racing. Additionally watch out for Marmottes Express being closed during a race/training down OK Orange (so punters don't drop things on racers!!) which makes Mont Blanc a bit busy.

As UANN says - great atmosphere but wear all the clothes you have - most of the spectator areas are in the shade and it gets chilly v quick.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy