Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best campsite for Dolomites skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
We are heading out to the Italian Dolomites mid March to mid April in a motorhome to hopefully catch some skiing for me and some sun for non skiing partner and dog.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Looking for ease of access to slopes, hot showers, and maybe in a nice spot for local facilities
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Camping Colfosco. It's right below a chairlift on the Sella Ronda circuit. Perfect Very Happy

http://www.campingcolfosco.org/index.php?page_id=1050&lang_id=3
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What motorhome you got?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the way down you should stop at the Natterer See campsite in Innsbruck. It's like a 5 star hotel. You'll never find better washrooms.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jellylegs, may as well get a day skiing in at nearby Axamer Lizum too wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jellylegs wrote:
Try Camping Colfosco. It's right below a chairlift on the Sella Ronda circuit. Perfect Very Happy

Very good location for skiing - hope there is snow left. If no snow around Sella try Malga Ciapela:

http://www.malgaciapelamarmolada.com/ http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-area/marmolada

snowHead

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 1-12-15 21:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jellylegs wrote:

Deffo. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prettiest part of the Dolomites (and, indeed, the entire Alps) is around Cortina.

Try the Olympia campsite:

http://www.campingolympiacortina.it/eng/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold wrote:
Prettiest part of the Dolomites (and, indeed, the entire Alps) is around Cortina.

I've not done Cortina, but if it tops parts of the Sella Ronda and the Val Gardena valley, it really must be quite something. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not sure how good the ski lift access is but we stayed at the Seiser Alm campsite in the Summer and it was superb. Second @jellylegs, Natterer See reccommendation also.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am guessing that Camping Colfosco is the one you can see below you from the two-way Borest chair. Would seem ideal. Cortina is lovely with some dramatic skiing. Great all round.

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks
Jellyfish we're getting a Hymer legend 654.
Those suggestions sound great
I'm quite interested in trying the Apennines too which is way further south and mainly used by Italians as it's unpredictable weather.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mollerski wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

I've not done Cortina, but if it tops parts of the Sella Ronda and the Val Gardena valley, it really must be quite something. Madeye-Smiley

It is all in the same ballpark.

The roughly 100-mile stretch from Bolzano in the west, to Val Gardena in the centre, to Cortina in the east is by far the prettiest in all the Alps, Winter or Summer.

It takes France, Austria and Switzerland and makes them look like the ugly sisters at the ball wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish wrote:
I am guessing that Camping Colfosco is the one you can see below you from the two-way Borest chair

Yes, I think they call it the bi-sexual chair - it goes both ways!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jellylegs wrote:
Chris Bish wrote:
I am guessing that Camping Colfosco is the one you can see below you from the two-way Borest chair

Yes, I think they call it the bi-sexual chair - it goes both ways!

The chair is no more. Been replaced by a gondola now!! You'll have to drive into the village and park up to access the slopes near to the Sodtlisia chair
snow conditions
Thanks humming
Would there be a bus do you think? Want to leave the motorhome in the campsite really .
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
Not sure how good the ski lift access is but we stayed at the Seiser Alm campsite in the Summer and it was superb. Second @jellylegs, Natterer See reccommendation also.

The camp site is literally just down the road from the gondola base station in the village of Siusi (Seis). The gondola takes you up to the Seiser alm plateau for the ski slopes. You dont even have to drive through the village of Siusi to get to the gondola as it is located on the edge of the village. There is also a big car park here and the base station has been redeveloped for this season. There is a bus stop 100m from the camp site with shuttle busses every 30 minutes to the gondola station.
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:

OOOOOOOOOO that's fighting talk! I'd debate that. I've been to Cortina summer and winter, and I think there are far prettier areas. For example Sella pass is just about my favourite place anywhere in the world, then Passo Rolle is pretty special too, as is the Latemar and Rosengarten, Civetta, Selva di Cadore and Passo Giau and then there's standing underneath the south wall of Marmolada (although you need to ski tour to do that in the winter)... Sure Cortina has some spectacular stuff, but it's very open, certainly not that imposing at all. I'm not that blown away by it. Whereas the Sella pass knocks me flat every time I'm there. Or even better catch the lift to the top of Pordoi and cross the sella via one of the many offpiste runs - just stunning!
latest report
Casa Alfredino wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

OOOOOOOOOO that's fighting talk! I'd debate that. I've been to Cortina summer and winter, and I think there are far prettier areas. For example Sella pass is just about my favourite place anywhere in the world, then Passo Rolle is pretty special too, as is the Latemar and Rosengarten, Civetta, Selva di Cadore and Passo Giau and then there's standing underneath the south wall of Marmolada (although you need to ski tour to do that in the winter)... Sure Cortina has some spectacular stuff, but it's very open, certainly not that imposing at all. I'm not that blown away by it. Whereas the Sella pass knocks me flat every time I'm there. Or even better catch the lift to the top of Pordoi and cross the sella via one of the many offpiste runs - just stunning!

IMHO the best view in the Dollies is of Mt Pemlo the Civetta site rather than Cortina. Closey followed by the Brenta group from The top of Andalo.
snow report
Oh and there's a cool campsites between Corvara and Colfosco - the one the chairlift goes over when doing the SR anticlockwise
snow report
Not been over to the Brenta I must admit. You are right, Pelmo is awesome from there. There's a great ski tour you could do up to Rifugio Citta delle Fiume with Pelmo towering over you, Civetta off to the side and Marmolada in the distance...
ski holidays
Casa Alfredino wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

Lol.

Passa Giau is more or less Cortina.

Was talking more in general about the whole Dolly area (see other post above).

The stretch from Bolzano in the west to Cortina in the east is just unbeatable in the Alps.
snow report
Yeah - that's fair. Up to the Sextner Dolomiten is pretty amazing too with the Cadin, and Tre Cime... I can thoroughly recommend a trip to the Lagorai too -it's an area I'm only beginning to explore and its very much off the beaten track but a complete antidote to the Dolomite towers with craggy granite and porphry and apparently some fantastic ski touring. This year I plan on exploring if I get a chance!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy