Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Side slipping snowboarders.

Poster: A snowHead
Thought some of you 2 plankers might appreciate this.

http://youtube.com/v/DVHpkTeqtPY
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wonder if he's a colleague or friend of Rax-ski ???

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 1-12-15 10:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brilliant
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anything that involves attacking a board with an axe gets a 10 from me Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@martinm, +1 Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As a snowboarder, I love it. That guy can actually ride though - you don't often see sideslipping that good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That is fantastic.

I suspect he's quite good on that board.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is the same Tech who did the base grind on fk's board.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
This is the same Tech who did the base grind on fk's board.

Laughing Laughing Great vid!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
philwig wrote:
As a snowboarder, I love it. That guy can actually ride though - you don't often see sideslipping that good.

I was thinking that, it actually looked quite tricky Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Someone's been practicing static squats lol
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ha I was expecting more comments along the lines of... well isn't that just normal snowboarding only faster?

Yeah Ryan Knapton is an incredible rider - I'd hope even most skiers could appreciate his control and technique. Here he is riding the same board before the axe treatment:
http://youtube.com/v/EuHon78jjKw
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow Hound wrote:
Ha I was expecting more comments along the lines of... well isn't that just normal snowboarding only faster?

Yeah Ryan Knapton is an incredible rider - I'd hope even most skiers could appreciate his control and technique. Here he is riding the same board before the axe treatment:
http://youtube.com/v/EuHon78jjKw

Pretty sure I could do the same amount of spins on a merry go round Happy
snow conditions
Thanks for the post buddy!
latest report
Snow Hound wrote:

Couldn't be, he wasn't sat in the middle of a piste on the wrong side of a crest Twisted Evil
snow report
Quote:

Yeah Ryan Knapton is an incredible rider

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan. Simple tricks, executed well, repeated over and over. Style is a bit dull for my liking. Solid rider for sure, but no more so than a lot of multi-seasonnaire / instructor level riders. Nice videos, good self-promotion!
snow report
Yeah, I can see how his approach would annoy some instructors in the same way Formula 1 drivers probably annoy driving school people. He rips.
snow report
What difference do the spikes make - if any? i.e. what happens without 'em?
ski holidays
@philwig, not at all Phil, his style just doesn't float my boat. Great skills, just very repetitive and the tricks aren't that hard. Good rider, way better than 99% of riders on the hill (way better than me!), just not great. Miles and miles and miles off pro level.
ski holidays
Very funny video,

For anyone doubting just how good a rider Ryan is, check out some of his other vids on youtube. I met him in Copper a couple of years ago and followed him down some runs......incredible!!
snow report
The death scrape is the sound of the young Brit male snowboarder. 'Taught' by his mates, who were in turn taught by their mates. Fuelled by Red Bull and bravado, anything lower on the slope is in jeopardy. wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 4-12-15 9:55; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@Mollerski, but on the up-side, it keeps the makers of impact shorts in business...
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Mollerski, but on the up-side, it keeps the makers of impact shorts in business...

....and mountain medi rescue. Very Happy
snow report
Gyro wrote:
... For anyone doubting just how good a rider Ryan is, check out some of his other vids on youtube. I met him in Copper .....
Yeah, I have ridden with Craig and Terje and from my experience I'd say he's in that league. When not clowning, he rides like several of my old-time "pro" mates.

I think he is doing snowboarding a huge amount of good. I still remember being shocked when I read early (ASI?) snowboard instruction material in the UK - they were teaching people to side-slip, I was teaching them to carve.
snow report
philwig wrote:
I have ridden with Craig and Terje .

Wow Craig and Terje! Did you know Elvis? wink
latest report
Quote:

I have ridden with Craig and Terje

I only got to ride with Terje the once....

Ryan is a rad rider for sure, I just think his videos are very samey. BTW, his stance and carving style are pretty-much orthodox BASI - the guys have been planning for years to put out some videos showing the riding standard expected at the top level, but they never get round to it. They should just stick a logo on some RK films... then tell him to finish off his turns a bit more... wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't even know who Terje is, that's how rad I am. However, I did buy Glen Plake a vin chaud once. He complained that it was too sweet and also too 'astringent', which surprised me but I let it slide.
snow conditions
Forgot to say I f*cking hate side-slipping snowboarders.
ski holidays
northernsoulboy wrote:

You've just quoted my Wife verbatim. Very Happy
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
northernsoulboy wrote:

It's just possible we're married to the same woman. Is yours with you now, as I write? Because mine has not long left 'to see her parents' 'for a bit'.
ski holidays
Quote:

I don't even know who Terje is, that's how rad I am.

I stopped sliding with him years ago, it was a mutual decision as i kept moaning that i was always waiting for him and he was peeved as i was clearly the best boarder on the mountain.

Toofy Grin
latest report
northernsoulboy wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
northernsoulboy wrote:

It's just possible we're married to the same woman. Is yours with you now, as I write? Because mine has not long left 'to see her parents' 'for a bit'.

She's arrived safely. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy