Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BCA Tracker 3 for £160 - Call Social Services

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As per my post last year, I'm still stressing about whether to get Pieps for the kids. They're too young to be taken anywhere near dangerous avalanche terrain....

But at some point in the next few years it is going to happen. So should I make the most of the sales and buy a pair of Tracker 3s for £168 each?

decisions decisons
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
won't that sort of technology get cheaper and/or smarter in the next few years?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good point. I guess it will. I think I'm just worried about missing a good deal

https://www.bergzeit.co.uk/bca-tracker-3-avalanche-beacon-001/

10% off and 15 % off
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I think I'm just worried about missing a good deal

gotcha! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@TheGeneralist, If you get them, by making practise searches into a game, by the time they might need them for real they will be expert in using them - win win as far as I can see.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd get them .... latest models, really simple to use ....
Sure technology will evolve but also likely to become more complex too !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eats shoots and leaves in the title....I thought it was a PSA about an incredible deal!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I grabbed a few of these pack earlier in the year: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pieps-DSP-Sport-Verschuttetensuchgerat-im-Set-/141585029620
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@TheGeneralist, Its a great price, but no not the tracker 3 for kids its to complicated, I used one all last season and prefer either the Ortovox Zoom or the 3+ as its much easier than the new tracker 3, don't get me wrong the tracker 3 is great and has the benefit of being very compact.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
livetoski wrote:
@TheGeneralist, Its a great price, but no not the tracker 3 for kids its to complicated, I used one all last season and prefer either the Ortovox Zoom or the 3+ as its much easier than the new tracker 3, don't get me wrong the tracker 3 is great and has the benefit of being very compact.

Have to agree Tim

I tried several transceivers and went with the 3+. I guess you never know how you will react in an avalanche. Im normally very level headed when it comes to accidents etc (used to it from motorosport marshalling, doing H&S at other event) but in an avalanche I dont know how id react. That being the case I went for what I found to be the most simple to use device. The 3+ ticked all my boxes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I agree 100% with @livetoski, I use Tracker 3, its great but is more complex - if you like BCA then Tracker 2 is very simple - my son uses a 2 and loves it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some excellent answers there. Agree with rungsp that £53 each would have been an even better bargain.

Intrigued that they aren't as easy as the Tracker 2. We've got 2s at present and what I really like about them is the ease of use.

Having said which, at the moment I am purely considering it as a method of finding the kids. I'm not remotely interested in them finding me (though of course that point of view could change drastically)

Anyway, didn't buy them. Silly me.

cheers
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tracker 3 has some advanced search features that allow isolation of signals in multi burials that can make it a bit more complicated than the 2 - in a single burial there would not be much difference. Both are great.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy