Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol binding adjustment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time reader of the forum but this is my first post. I was hoping you could help me with what is probably a very obvious question!

I've recently bought of a pair of Rossignol Experience 80's. I decided to reduce the DIN a little (from 8.5 to 7), as for various boring reasons I'm going to be skiing quite conservatively on an upcoming visit to St Anton.

I've twisted the big screws on the front and rear part of the bindings, and appear to have made the adjustment.

The problem is, on putting a boot on and stepping into the binding, the heel of the boot seems to have about half a centimetre of travel up and down in the binding when I flex forwards (i.e from standing upright into a skiing position). That doesn't seem right, I don't think?

I haven't skied on them before, so I don't have experience of how they're supposed to be.

Any thoughts on whether I've somehow damaged my bindings or if there's something wrong with them would be very welcome!

Many thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is the forward pressure correct?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My lack of knowledge is going to be apparent here too - I haven't deliberately adjusted the forward pressure, but I also can't see a way of doing that. My understanding it there's normally a line that has to be between two markers? But I can't see that on these bindings, and the two screws I've adjusted appear to be the only ones on the binding, except the ones holding it to the ski.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok...to check for forward pressure the boot has to be in the binding (lots of people are blissfully unaware of this!). Rossi's typically have a yellow window on the left side of the heel piece of some description. If correct, you should see a vertical black line in the middle of the yellow window OR see 50:50 yellow and daylight (which may be partially blocked/covered up with grease!).

I would suggest that if you are at all unsure just take them into a reputable shop for peace of mind as your ACL's will thank you in the long run wink. Oh, your boot sole toe and heel pieces should also be in the best possible condition.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very useful Rossignol bindings manual on this link
http://techtraining.rossignol.com/manual/binding%20tech%202015-16.pdf

But have to agree with @crosshatch, if you are at all unsure
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much both for your help!

I'll certainly get a shop to take a look at them when I'm done with doing whatever I can manage with them, but at the same time I can't bear not to try to fix mechanical things if I can possibly do it myself!

The yellow tab was two thirds of the way towards the rear of the ski. Adjusting the forward pressure - which I think, from the manual, involves moving the whole rear part of the binding forwards (as if adjusting for slightly smaller boots) pushes the yellow tab forwards so it can barely be seen, indicating quite a big change in forward pressure, but the looseness in the binding remains...

I think the boot soles and are in good enough condition. I think there's less than about a mm of wear.

Hmmm. Wondering if maybe this isn't something I can fix myself...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy