Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wed'ze Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've noticed that Wed'ze offer the Samurai Freeride Ski with downhill bindings for £250 or with AT bindings and skins for £350. The skis also have a wood core and I know Decathlon's stuff is usually good but this seems extremely cheap for what's on offer. My question is does anyone have any experience using this kit?

Cheers,

James.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not skied them but have looked closely at those skis in store (very tempted but really must slim down the quiver before buying more skis) and they look as well made as any top brand similar spec (but more expensive) ski.
Have other Wed'ze ski kit and all of from basics likes gloves to my daughter's new boots perform as well as expensive brand name kit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm no expert, but here is my opinion

I bought a pair of intermediate skis from Decathlon five years ago , since then , some years I have hired mid level skis, (if the ski carriage was too expensive) , so I 've had a chance to compare decent hire skis and the decathlons

The decathlons have always been easier to carve / turn on

When I bring my decathlons, my mate hires, and I've noticed any hire skis he takes perform better , when gliding ...For example, imagine we approach a lift, with a flat lead in, I end up poling, he doesn't ....which tells me the bases are not fantastic

But all in all v happy with with em

Unfortunately ski carriage, is getting too expensive
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dublin2, or the hire skis are better maintained? Or he can flatten the skis on the snow better?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

or the hire skis are better maintained? Or he can flatten the skis on the snow better?

or is he heavier than you? Or everything else is the same but his skis are longer? My OH was always irritated that a female friend, not a great skier, was faster than him on the flats. But his skis were always slightly on their inner edges. How often do you wax your skis?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As @under a new name says could just as easily be the waxing of the skis or the way they are been ridden. Also don't forget you are comparing 5 year old skis to new or 1 or 2 season old skis.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wedze stuff is built in china usually with moulds from one of the big manufactures who don't use it any more. I would imagine the bases and the cores to be the cheapest of the cheap and pretty thing low grade p-tex.

Hire skis on the other hand are usually built to a higher standard than some lower end skis, a lot of hire kit is also built within Europe esp in the Elan factory. The bases on hire stuff and the edges are usually some of the thickest and most durable in the industry. Most of the the shelf kit used a 1.8 or 2.2 Edge, hire kit usually has a 2.5mm edge and a thicker base to extended the life of them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My mate has a pair, fine but heavy compared to some, but not bad for mainstream. The are selling them for not much more than they would cost to make in Western Europe
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
my friend have Wed'ze skies and he said that it not worth money
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the feedback. I only have downhill boots but was thinking of getting the touring option for maybe 5-10 minute skins to access powder.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I rode the prototypes 2 years ago, really liked them and 'acquired' them.

No, they're not made in China. The plastic cored models are, as are the plastic cored models of every ski brand I can think of. Samurais are made in the Oxylane factory in Eastern Europe, which also makes Head skis. The prototypes have spent 2 seasons as rentals in the shop and there are no build quality issues. I can't remember the exact base compound off the top of my head, but it's a medium grade p-tex. That's not the hardest or quickest, but it holds repairs well.

They have quite a light woodcore which rides pretty nicely up to medium speed. Really easy skis, got really good feedback from everyone who rode them.

You can't push them super hard, but that's not what they're for.

I haven't ridden next year's model. Feedback from the guy we sent to test the demo liked them. I think they've got a tiny bit narrower and been given some tail rocker, but kept the same overall feel.

Go for it. It's a really good ski for most skiers, and amazing value. There's nothing wrong whatsoever with Wedze skis.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy