Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Henry's Avalanche Talks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a reminder about these popular and well received talks:

There is a new venue in Méribel every Monday during the season at 18h00 in Pizza Express which is above Dick’s T-Bar. This is the classic talk.

Val d’Isère : Introduction Talks Tuesday at 18.00 (entry €5 but it is also happy hour) and In-Depth Talks (free entry if you came on Tuesday) will be on Thursday at 18.00 @ Dick’s Tea Bar. The Talks last just under 90 minutes including a break in the middle including a question and answer session at the end. See http://www.henrysavalanchetalk.com/ for more information about beeper training and new talks in Ste Foy and Tignes (TBA).

If you are in Val on Thursday 12th January then I should be there (snow and ice permitting) doing a talk on French Avalanche Accidents.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a Pizza Express in Meribel!?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grab one of Dick's T-bars to reach it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is Henry the bloke who does a "shock and awe" type of safety talk?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB wrote:
Is Henry the bloke who does a "shock and awe" type of safety talk?

He has a video which maybe calleda bit "shock and awe" but his talk is very informative and reasoned. I know a number of SH's have had good things to say about the talks.

The Ste Foy talks are going ahead from this Wednesday if you are there. From 6pm sharp in the Salle Hors Sac (venue may change later in the season) which is down near the lift pass office.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, is there any chance that you could post when the extended programme ahs been confirmed (I would like to go and see him when we are in Tignes in April).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been to several of Henry's talks. The introductory talks change from year to year and are, I believe, worth attending more than once to remind me of the things I should consider when skiing off piste. The in depth talks are worth attending because they explain the current conditions in the report and the implication of that on the future build up of the snow pack. The in depth talks also have themes, like davidof's talk, or perhaps safety equipment (ABS bags, Avalungs, Reccos etc), and other good topics. One of the highlights of the Val d'Isere talks are the anecdotes from Fab. He is one of Val's pisteurs and is licenced to carry and use explosives around the mountains.

davidof, sorry to say that I missed your talk last year and will again this week. Hopefully another time.

For anyone going to Val d'Isere or Meribel a visit to Henry's Avalance Talks only takes a couple of hours of your non-skiing time and it may provide you that snippet of information that prevents a tragedy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy