Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Trouser Repair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi any advice on repairing these. Just unpacked after a trip to Canada and noticed that both my daughter's and my trousers have one small cut in the fabric each on one leg probably caused by both having new skis with sharper than expected edges. Not as concerned with mine but my daughter's are brand new Helly Hansen's. I guess small stick on patches are available? Are they and where from?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The black super strength ducktape is fantastic for fixing these types of cuts. Make small round patches as this stops the corners from lifting, this also has much creedos as hardcore skiware. Failing that - most climbing/outdoor stores sell goretex patch kits for a few pounds.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here we are

http://www.nevisport.com/deptdetail-1-deptdetail_id-40-product_id-461271

Follow the instructions carefully - ironing is required to make it more durable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hibernia, thanks very much my google searches hadn't unearthed this. It comes in black or black too which matches both pairs Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whatever happened to needle and thread??? I've stitched up several little rips in my salopettes without problem.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the ice perv, surely they wouldn't remain waterproof, certainly wouldn't with my sewing Smile I've ordered a gore-tex patch kit now. £6 or so will do both pairs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

surely they wouldn't remain waterproof

Unless you are skiing knee deep in slush how waterproof do they really need to be? Besides, if you look closely you may spot lots of stitching in your salopettes, particularly down the seams......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the ice perv wrote:
Quote:

surely they wouldn't remain waterproof

Unless you are skiing knee deep in slush how waterproof do they really need to be? Besides, if you look closely you may spot lots of stitching in your salopettes, particularly down the seams......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Which will be taped behind the seam to seal them from water - on good ones anyway wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, Mrs Zammo repaired her trousers in 2001 with a blue catering plaster. She caught a rock and put a little square tear about mid-shin level.

The blue plaster is still on the trousers 4 years and countless washes later. Strange, but true!

It will see more action next week in Austria .... 8 sleeps to go!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My ducktape lasts about 2 seasons of skiing and climbing before needing replacing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used sail (as in boats) repair tape with less than spectacular results but that may be my own ineptitude rather than the quality of the product. My other halfs rucksack has been held together with it for a few years now.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hibernia, excellent!!! cheers for the link. This is something i've been meaning to search/ask about for ages as i'll never find trousers as good as the ones i've got at the moment to fit (6'4") and the bum is going and was almost going to resort to sewing on a beer towel rolling eyes ..............yeah i'm a boarder so come on make the jokes now Laughing NehNeh
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Surely no self respecting skier would use anything other than Duct Tape. They even make a camo version now apparently for the fashion conscious!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy