Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot issue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry but another boot question!

So I bought a shiny pair of boots to get back into ski or should that be get into skiing (having only had one real ski holiday 10 years ago). All I remember of that Holiday was pain in my legs!

So I have my new boats bought for all the wrong reasons - the price they were cheap. I am semi sure they are the right size shell seems to fit as it should. Toes are to the front of the liner. I have put some custom insoles in but these are only cheap ones and will need upgrading at some point but at the moment sort my pronation.

The problem seems to be a pain in my foot on the outer side around the middle of my foot. Not near the toes. I have reasonable sized muscular calfs not massive but definitely not on the slim side. I have had operations on my shins before to relieve shin splits so I do real compressed in my leg when wearing ski boots.

My question is - Do you think that the pain in my foot could be from compression around the leg or the liner being too tight?

I do plan on seeing a boot fitter but this will mean I good trek to find one.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think your plan to see a boot fitter is the best idea.. With comfy boots on the piste comes the joy of skiing, without the comfort all one wants to do is rip the boots off and never go skiing again..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yorkshirelad wrote:
I think your plan to see a boot fitter is the best idea.. With comfy boots on the piste comes the joy of skiing, without the comfort all one wants to do is rip the boots off and never go skiing again..

Second that, big style! I reckon that I've spent near enough £2,000 on boots and custom liners and footbeds over the last several years. Just hoping that the last lot really will work - else, sod how annoying and painful it is, I really am taking up snowboarding instead Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, I do hope to see one but it might not happen for a while. Hence my question re could it be my awkward legs!

I must admit the pain isn't too bad but was more prominent a few weeks ago than Sunday when I tried them and I had done the boots up looser. The pain is also felt moe on the poem lift than when I'm out of the skis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stacetop, l understand you at least checked the width and the length of a boot before buying? I have perfectly normal feet, but still visit to a reputable bootfiter was one of the best decisions I made re skiing Smile the best decision being starting skiing.

Good luck in your quest, but yes, see a bootfitter, a good one!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@stacetop, I had that pain for 30 years of skiing until I found a good fitter.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy