Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone going to Kop 29th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,
I'm travelling on my own to kopaonik from Gatwick on the 29th Jan, (hotel putnick here i come) and was wondering if anyone else was going to be there and wants to meet up.

Beanie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanwah wrote:
Hello all,
I'm travelling on my own to kopaonik from Gatwick on the 29th Jan, (hotel putnick here i come) and was wondering if anyone else was going to be there and wants to meet up.

Beanie

will be there from 28 jan - 11 feb Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one,

I assume being serbian you have local knowledge, so I'll wait till nearer the time and see who else is going and arrange somewhere rto meet one night, and you pick where, hope to see you soon, I can't wait snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yep i will be flying there for a week on the 29th staying at putnik as well
er what money do i take? cant get dinnars over here in uk sterling or euros?beanwah,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bazr wrote:
yep i will be flying there for a week on the 29th staying at putnik as well
er what money do i take? cant get dinnars over here in uk sterling or euros?beanwah,

Like I said before Serbs love Euros:)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dont mean to sound stupid but if you have to change euros to dinnars can i take sterling and change them to dinnars and can i use the atm's there ?
or can i use euros everywhere as most people dont seem to know what the deal is with money there can you clear it up for us stevs thanks
hope to see you there snowHead Stevs,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes you can take sterling and change it there, theres a few banks in the resort (my friends used the bank in the reception of konaci, and they got a good exchange rate, its working hours were 9am till 3pm though so it was a bit of a pain getting there (skiing was from 9am till 4pm - so we had to leave late one day). the exchange rate right now is like 125 dinars for 1 pound (very good!). the hotel grand will exchange for you as well, but you are much more likely to get a better deal at the bank. oh and if i were you id try and change back money before you come home, im not sure of any places that easily accept dinars in the UK (i think you can order them from banks, but im not sure its a very commonly traded currency, and theres like 3 different issues of notes being traded here right now (they all look the same, just different names and slightly different copy protection), so you might have problems with the older jugoslavian ones still in circulation).

you CANNOT use euros to buy things. seriously, this is something thats been cracked down on very heavily in the past few years. serbia traditionally used other currencies and there was always street deals going on. the last few years they've stamped it out completely, so if anyone does deal in foreign currency you are much less likely to get a good deal. (plus if the police are bored they'll give you a load of poo-poo over stuff like this. theres even laws about issuing reciepts, something crazy like the customer can be liable for a fine if they dont keep the receipt when they are within 100meters of the store).

the ATMs will work with maestro and theres a few around the resort. you shouldnt be charged too much for using them.

its best off just taking pounds and changing them there, no point in getting changed into euros, you'll just end up losing a bit each time the currency is changed (not commission, just rates).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi bazr are you on the NIS flight from Gatwick at 6.10 (stupid time for a flight, I've got to leave nottingham at 16:45 on Saturday to make it, im gonna be soo board in the airport). Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hey stevs, bazr and beanwah, we (four of us) are heading out on the 6.10 flight from gatwick on the 29th.

its our first skiing trip and we all have varied skill level and we are all very excited! we cant wait! maybe see you there snowHead (this will be me, falling on my bum in the snow!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
if anyone wants to meet up, drop me an e-mail to matthew.bean@carlsbro.com, or give me a call before hand or at gatwick on 07979 515 323(i'll be there all night, bloody national express timetable). Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ha ha im driving to the airport on sat and staying in a hotel for half the night and leaving my car there hope you find a nice bench or somin at least the the aroplane will seem confortable then. im sure we will see eatch other at the airport but dont know how busy it will be so i look in my mid 20s with a two tone blue boarders jacket with my lady in a white jacket both with snowboards hope you have a safe journey and will post my experinces here to let you all know how it was
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I got back from Kop on Sunday 22nd Jan 06, I was very impressed with the resort. It was very good for beginers and intermediate level skiers, but not so good for advance skiers, as you could ski it in a few days if you at a ok standard.

The weather was generally sunny, we only had 2 days of heavy fog and snow.

Most inportantly the snow conditions were excellent, theres plenty of snow!!!

3 off us stayed in hotel konaci which was crap, Thomsons rated this as a 3* which I feel was a con, it was very dated and run down, dont expect much if you stay there, although the food was ok. The other 2 guys stayed at the putnik hotel (rated 2.5*), this was worse than the Konaci again v.dated and a 15min walk to the centre which was a bit of a hassel.

If you fancy a good serbia lunch or evening meal out, I would recommend the place on its own near the bottom of the Grand Lift, next to the area fenced off where you can rent small quads and skidoos, very nice food. The waiter dropped a bottle of coke on my mates lap so they bought out some free food and serbia spirits for us to try. The Hotel grand do good Pizzas but the service is unbelievably slow.

If anyones got any questions about our trip then drop me a line on the email address below.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hi Bazr, I'm mid 20's with shoulder length hair, green/grey snowboard jacket, I'll probably be carrying a two seasons snowboard bag, as for finding a nice bench ive got the world according to clarkson to read as well as stuff from work to do, the bastar*s, I guess I'll sleep when i get there, as usuall i'm not the last stop on the coach so if i fall asleep i miss the airport, and if i sleep at gatwick i miss the flight, fun fun fun
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Gatwick boardem has started, hence this post, I've been here an hour and i've still got 7 1/2 hours till my plane leaves, all the shops are shut even though i'd spend loads of money as i've nothing better to do, im so board i'm now on one of those sad pay as you go internet terminals surrounded by people sleeping on all the comfy benches, there all there with there designer lable louis vuitton luggage and prada jackets, its like im surrounded by the world poshest tramps, all they need now is bottles or crystal champagne in a brown paper bag, bored bored bored bored bored bored. Sad

But hey in 14 hours I'll be on the mountain YAY snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i home and alive and had a nice refreshing sleep how about you beanwah make it home ok and did you get your luggage or is it stll in serbia?
hope all of you had a good week and i could only work out who beanwah was and i think woodsmans mate broke his leg but it looked like all the brits in putnik had a good time!
ps. Cool does an one know how to get rid of thease stupid panda lines from my shades it wount just wash off
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy