Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg Day Tours

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend some good short tours around the arlberg area? Ideally would be 1-2hours skin, and a decent long descent. There's some really good resources on off piste descents in the area, however I'm struggling to find info on touring options; any local knowledge would be much appreciated

Cheers snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hollando, probably best to get hold of Andy Thurner's ski touring book:

http://arlberg-guides.at/eng/books-skitouring-offpiste/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hollando, +1 for AT's guide.....and get a guide, or join a Piste To Powder group wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will look into the book, looks pretty comprehensive. I've done a couple of days with piste to powder in the past, both times was very impressed with how they managed to find awesome snow in some pretty funky weather. cheers guys
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
@hollando, +1 for AT's guide.....and get a guide, or join a Piste To Powder group wink

+1 to that. Go with piste to powder early week and mid week. I've always found them great tbh. When with them for the day interrogate your guide/instructor on touring routes nearby the itineraries you are doing that day then you the suggested routes yourselves on the other days, when you're not with piste to powder. That would make a good week imho.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy