Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Trip to Wagrain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be spending three nights in Wagrain with wife and four children (ages 4,12,13,15). Everybody is capable skiers/boarders except the 4 yr. old, but he is getting there. We will be in Wagrain jan. 1,2,3,4 and are keeping our fingers crossed for good snow and weather conditions. Spending the rest of our trip visiting family in Vienna. Looking to get any advise from the board about this area. We have accomodations set but will still need to rent equipment for everybody and purchase ski passes. Any tips on restaurants in Wagrain or on the mountain with for family meals. also are there any must do things while we are staying in this area. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@paxonpro, I can recommend 3 places but for ease it depends on where you are based as to how convenient they are to your accommodation. My 3 places are near the Graffenberg lifts:

http://www.rot-weiss-rot.at/de/skistadl/skiverleih-verkauf-skiservice-wagrain.html - definitely THE best in town! (it is run by friends of mine so I am biased too, but they are damned good.)
http://www.ski-wagrain.at/ - very good
http://www.sport-huber.com/ - very good as well

My friends place has been used by many snowHeads when they visit the area, Seigi and his sons, Markus and Tom are all Staatliche Geprüfte Schilehrer, Austria's highest grade of instructor. Tom has an encyclopaedic knowledge of anything and everything to do with skiing and snowboarding equipment and does actually give objective advice as to what to select.

The 4-year old will get a free ski pass by the way, which you can ask for when you buy the other ones. All your children are eligible for the children's ski pass rate as well.

There is an excellent swimming pool in Wagrain: Wasserwelt http://www.wasserwelt.at/

The food is good at the Kuhberg Alm at the bottom of the Graffenberg lifts, on the mountains I really do not know of a bad hut to be honest, they are all very good. As for in town, I only know some of the hotel restaurants, again pick which ever one according to how much you want to pay! Steinerwirt has good food (http://www.steinerwirt.at/) but there are lots of other places as well.

I will be based nearby at that time so if I can help out in any way just send me a private message and we can exchange phone numbers.

snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sue, Thank you very much for your advise.
We are staying in Kirchboden right next to the Wasserwelt water park.
Should we call ahead for equip. rentals or can we just take care of this when we arrive?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@paxonpro, you can order with Rot-Weiß-rot online and then they just fine tune things for you arrive in resort. As you are arriving on January 1st if you are early, it will be relatively quiet that morning as most people will have been celebrating the night before. If you have a car, then just pop back down to the village and turn left (uphill) when you reach the road back to the centre of the village. The shop is about 200 metres (if that) up the road on the left-hand side. You can park opposite in the free car park or in their own little car park just on the uphill side of the shop. You can also pick up your ski passes at the Graffenberg Lift station by the car park (big red building - the ticket windows are on the first-floor). Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did anyone else skim read that as "family trip to Wigan?"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I will definitely use your friends shop, the prices look very reasonable.
what are your feelings on weather/snow conditions for this time of year?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@paxonpro, your guess is as good as mine. I've skied that region now for Christmas/New Year for the past 25 years and never not been able to ski the whole area. sometimes we have had too much snow, sometimes we would have liked even more. The base will be laid down between now and then using the extensive snow cannon and snow lance systems they have covering all the pistes that need it. Any snow that falls on top of that will be bashed into the base to make good pistes.

[edited to get my bloody dates right! I'm also a notoriously bad typist too Embarassed ]

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 20-11-15 23:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@paxonpro, if the youngsters wanr some more challenging runs take the bus up valley to Kleinar and ski over to Zauchernsee (SambergSue might correct the name spelling Madeye-Smiley )
I hate smartphone keyboards Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hyst, Kleinarl and Zauchensee I think you mean, but the auto-correct has messed things up for you I see. wink wink

Actually they don't need to go as far as Zauch, although it is a fantastic area, the main part will be very busy on those dates. Kids of all ages seem to love the Absolut Fun Park at the top of Flachauwinkel which is linked directly to Kleinarl. The runs down from the top of the Highliner back to the base station on the other side of the A10 at Flachauwinkel as also fun - long, red and fairly wide allowing you to let rip when you feel like pretending to be a World Cup racer Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 21-11-15 10:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes spend a day messing about around Flachauwinkl, it's good fun.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy