Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La plagne centre - ski hire/any tips/anyone else out 4-11th march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
3 in one post Happy

1) I need to hire skis for 3 almost total beginners in la plagne. I'm thinking a 20% online discount with the sport2000 shop on the piste front side of the shopping centre looks good (E64 for 'green' level skis and boots). Anyone got anything bad/good to say about them before I go ahead and book? http://laplagne.alpiski.com/?language=en

2) I've never been to la plagne - any tips? Cheap mountain stops (vin chaud and panini are my usual fayre)? Any really great mountain restaurants for the one-off big lunch? Quickest way to nice easy cruising runs - fast blues and easy reds? Steep is fine, but no moguls if poss, and not to narrow wink Also any nice 'suprise free' green/blue longer runs for the rather nervous beginners and near beginners? We are staying at chalet isbas in plagne centre (just above the shopping centre, by nanda devi and the everest I think?). Also does anyone know how long it would take to get to montchavin and back (on piste)?

3) Last but not least, will anyone else be around the same week? Fancy meeting up for a run or two, or a drink or two?

I know it's a while yet, but I'm trying to string out the holiday exceitement over as long a period as possible!

aj xx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quickest way for blues/reds from Plagne Centre must be the La Rochette gondola. Impossible to miss.

(I preferred the Becoin chair for terrain, access to a bit of tame offpiste, runs a little steeper).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ajhainey, Oxygene are about the best for ski hire/lessons/ski school IMHO. Been to La Plagne 5 times, and always had good service from them, they are located just down the corridor from Sport 2000.

Nicest blues for the nervous, head down the green run, under the La France appartment block (can't miss it) and take the 4 man chair on the right (not the left that takes you back to the top of the green run). This will take you over Plagne Soleil and Plagne Villages, up towards Plagne Bellecotte. There's a few easy blues into Bellecote (choice of gentle paths, or steeper blues), then you have the following choices:

6 Man out towards Champagny, some lovely cruisey reds and blues which are lovely in the morning sun, tend to get slushy later on, and a few nice blues down to Belle Plagne and Bellecote.

8 man Arpette chair (the main link to Les Arcs). Up on the top here, there are some lovely gentle blues, with some long shusshes for confidence building, also the tree lined runs down towards Les Coches and the Paradiski cable car are some of the nicest runs in La Plagne. If you're party are confident enough, get out early and get the Vanoise Express over to Les Arcs. There are some Reds and Blues there in the Vallandry area which are some of the nicest runs I've ever skiied.

4 man Collosses chair - takes you back into the Bowl that comes back to Plagne Centre. Lots of easy blues from here.

La Plagne isn't fantastic for mountain restaurants but 2 good ones we've found are at the top of the above 6 man chair towards Champagny, and over towards Champagny there is a lovely restaurant near Les Borselliers, which has a massive sun terrace looking towards the Altiport at Courchevel. We had a ridiculous steak-frites here for E9, which would have fed 3 of us Wink

Any more info, just give us a shout. I love La Plagne Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Echo all of Charlatanefc's post. Couple of additions on eating - there is another restaurant at the bottom of the Borsellier chair which is good and cheaper than the one near the top. But lacks the super views.
Coming down from Roche De Mio on the blue, there is a super little place on the right hand side where the run splits up (Inversins - the Tunnel run - to the right. A red { Carella ?} to the left) Good sun terrace. Super views over to Mont Blanc as well as the 3V side. Lower down Les Inversins run, L'Arpette restaurant is handy for a mid morning or late arvo hot drink. Only average for food, IMO.
If visibility is poor up high, try the new 8 man Arpette Chair up out of Bellecote then go down into the tree lined runs above Montchavin and Les Coches.
Single best LP tip - avoid the bubbles out of Bellecote to the Roche de Mio. The chair is much quicker and you keep your skis on.
Have fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would echo whats been said above. In addition over the Montchavin side the is a brilliant blue run, I think its called 'Dos Rond' under the 4 man chair of the same name that will take you back towards LP Centre. Its very quick and undulating with a few surprises if you go too quick on the RHS, I love it. Time to get to Monchavin and back would take about one hour plus depending on ability.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - sounds good! aj xx
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajhainey, Did ski hosting as part of my job for ski beat in La Plagne last year.

Monchavin can take 30 mins from Plagne Centre, but 1 1/2 hrs on return (not much skiing involed lots of lifts). Allow plenty of time in the afternoon due to tired legs. DO NOT think about trying to take the beginners there and back despite how well they are getting on in lessons. It is a long way and you could end up getting very stuck!

As for cracking blues and easy reds, you must go over to champany side. Ski to Bellecote and take the Blanchets Chair lift. At the top ski straight on under the Quillis Chair and down to champany. It's a great long motorway blue (le levasent or something it's called), a real thigh burner from top to bottom. The just ski around the Borselliers and le Rossa chairs for the time of your life and carving heavan! Laughing then have lunch at Le Roc de Blanchets (the one Charlatanefc, speaks of).

Generally i would eat in Plagne centre at lunch especially to meet any ski school chums. La Grolle is the best here and the do a fantastic "omlette savoyarde". Le Vega and Le Chaudron in Plagne centre are also good (same owners here).

Have a great time. I miss the place loads. Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FastCarver, Le Vega is about the best restaurant in La Plagne IMO.

ajhainey, make sure you try The Far West Restaurant "Le Phare Ouest" one night, in the main building in Plagne Centre. Does Tex-Mex sort of stuff, and the best Steak and Chips you will find in the resort! Le Luna Bar is the best bar in the resort, and does happy hour from 5-7 IIRC at around E3.50 a pint.

kuwait_ian, forgot about Inversens run. A fantastic blue, plenty of shusshing, and then the tunnel Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc, PlanJA is the best bar by a million miles. Certainly the friendliest bar staff.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jess, I see you're as busy as me today? Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FastCarver, it certainly used to be when it was the North Face Bar. Don't like the new owner in there matey.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arna is a top bloke. Certainly great to us seasonaires
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We go to La Plagne every year (stay in plagne soleil) and get our equipment from sport 2000. Very friendly and efficient. Favourite easy/surprise free runs are: Les Laines down from arpette; Les Ours, Les Blanchets and Leitchoums in belle plagne bowl; all runs by La Rossa chair - sunny and usually relatively empty; Geisha down from the Grande Rochette is longish and has good views; Ramy, Ecartée; Les Teppes and Dos Rond on Montchavin side. If you go down to Montchavin it can get a bit icy near the bottom which beginners won't like. Also, the blues on the Aime 2000 side are just a little more challenging in parts for beginners. Montalbert is lovely - we spent a very happy afternoon with the children on the nursery slopes there. If you take Pravendue down there it goes uphill 3 markers before the village but is very pretty and tree lined. Have fun!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AW, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead and TVM for an informative 1st post.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FastCarver, Arne and Jacqui are great! definately favourite bar in La Plagne for us lot!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy