Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me be a ski bum in france!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
so i want to sack off life for a few months and live on a mountain.
I have a fair whack of savings behind me but nothing ridiculous. My current plan as my research has shown is to decide on a resort, book a hostel for a week and look for flatshares/jobs in that week.

i am currently torn between doing this in Chamonix or somewhere in the trois vallees.

has anyone else done anything like this? got any advice for me?

Taaa
Spoo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stubblepoo, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Chamonix is a bigger single town with a very well established anglophone year round population and employment.

That said it also has a fairly big population of those who decided to sack off for a few months a few decades ago who haven't found the will to return.

Whether this is appealing or not is between you and your liver.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stubblepoo, there are a couple of Facebook pages that will help. There is a Chamonix jobs page and a Chamonix accommodation page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/743177245811128/?fref=nf
https://www.facebook.com/groups/chamonix.skibums/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wow, cheers guys this is perfect!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you could try chamsocial, that gets a lot of stuff advertised (and a lot of spam). you'll need to get a wiggle on though, the numbers of cv toting seasonaires is increasing daily!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back in the day when most of my time was spent giving advice about this sort of thing, my advice would have been to get a job in advance with a tour op. It's likely to be much less expensive for you and the trade off is that you get less leisure time (but still plenty of it).

If you were going to head out to resort and try to find a job, I'd definitely choose Chamonix. Accommodation is cheaper and if you can survive without work until January then you'll almost certainly find a job by then and will be fine.

Whereever you go, have a great season
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy