Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

need La Molina info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, has anyone been to La Molina in the Pyrenees, or have any knowledge of it. Looking at going with a mixed age / ability group, thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My memories of the place are pretty irrelevant because its so long since I was there but since no one else has commented I`ll add my pennyworth Smile

I was there in Jan 1983 and there was very little available skiing. By the end of the week they were busing us to Andorra where the snow was much better. However it was obviously a bad year for snow in that area with exceptionally warm weather. I would guess they now have snow making equipment which did not really exist back then but I'm not sure they can use it if the weather is very mild?

We had a lovely holiday apart from the whole no snow thing! Locals were really friendly, food was good and cheap, and after a swim in the indoor pool it was great to sit outside in swimwear to dry out and get a sun tan. Yes it really was that hot!

If I was going there again I would look carefully at the average snowfall/temperatures for the dates I would be considering, check out the snow cannon situation and ensure I had the means (or that the TO would guarantee to provide transport) to get to higher resorts if there is little skiing available in resort.

I hope someone comes along with some more up to date info for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi cal30, La Molina is a resort in the Catalan pre-Pyrenees, which, together with its lift-linked neighbour Masella, forms one of Spain's largest ski areas. These days both resorts have excellent snowmaking, so there is no problem for piste skiers. But the natural snowfall is not particularly abundant. The views are interesting because they overlook a wide open valley backed by the mountains of Andorra in the Pyrenees proper.

When are you thinking of going, and what led you to consider this ski area?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for the replies guys

I am looking at going next Feb. I would normally organise my groups ski hol but this year I've passed the mantle on to someone else - let them experience the joy of group travel organising : ))
albeit I'm still getting asked to check on places hence my post

Once again thanks for the info
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
February is generally a good month in the Pyrenees. If you have any specific questions, ask away!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a similar recollection of 22-person group holiday with Thomsons in "Super" Molina in January 1985. Snow washed away with heavy rain on first night, very little "snow" left on mountain, bussed to Andorra 1 day, hotel water supply off for 3 days (swimming pool water bucketed up to rooms for washing/flushing etc) - I still have the 6 page complaint report! I am sure that resort is fine now and that someone will be on here with positives for you soon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy