Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi Ski Special buy event

Poster: A snowHead
. . .Anyone know the dates for this years event?

Got some great merino/silk socks last year for a pittance and want to add to my collection . . . Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think it's usually around or just after new year (because it's usually after i've been away at x-mas Sad ) but think it was just before xmas last season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
. . .yes they do change it hence the post - just don't want to miss out on the socks as they are excellent vfm

Think Lidl have theirs on Thurs this week but the gear doesn't look a patch on Aldi in terms of spec . . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe it will be on Thursday Dec 3rd.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last year it was a couple of weeks before Christmas as I came out with some thermals for Jnr and a Christmas tree for my classroom.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree that their merino thermals and the 'high end' ski socks are great. The socks seemed really good and I shall be getting more if I can as several of my better pairs have died.

Ms P.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep their merino base layers are great. Tend to pack them rather than my icebreaker stuff unless it is stupidly cold when both get worn!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plenty of well priced stuff in TKMaxx at the minute. Picked up a nice ski jacket for daughter at the weekend.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do they have the stuff in at opening time on the day, or do they bring it across during the day?

I really need a couple of pairs of new base layers so would be worth taking couple of hours out of work to go pick some up if they will have stock ready at opening.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
From my experience it's there from opening. It used to be that it you were there last thing the day before it would be out too, but I've not seen that for a while so maybe they've stopped it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In my local ones it is there when they open (and the good stuff in average person sizes gone shortly after!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks - will take a morning trip to try and stock up Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got some good Merino base layers from Mountain Warehouse last season
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, excellent merino layers from Aldi. Wore them for weeks in the summer, sailing!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't know what their stuff is like, but Sports Direct have a ski flash sale on their website at 4pm today.
ski holidays
Kingofthec wrote:
Don't know what their stuff is like, but Sports Direct have a ski flash sale on their website at 4pm today.

Cheers thanks for that !!
ski holidays
Kingofthec wrote:

Just had a quick look, some very good deals on Helly Hansen and Salomon kit.
latest report
Just a heads up that Lidl have goggles, socks and gloves in. Gloves don't look much cop but I can vouch that the goggles are perhaps the best deal in skiing at the princely sum of £7.99.
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Just a heads up that Lidl have goggles, socks and gloves in. Gloves don't look much cop but I can vouch that the goggles are perhaps the best deal in skiing at the princely sum of £7.99.

Straight out in the car and picked up the goggles. Got one of each, mirrored and lowlight. Picked up a fleece mid layer just in case. All in, £20. 2 x goggles + midlayer... my kind of shopping!
PS: I've already got a beautiful pair of Von Zipper Feenoms with swappable lenses etc... but no backup. These will be ideal.
snow report
tarrantd wrote:

Spoke to my local store manager today - Thurs 3rd Dec 8am . . .a larger selection this year apparently; just hope they've kept the decent merino based stuff within the new range
latest report
Base layer looks a bit draughty Shocked

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-22-nov/product-detail/ps/p/ladies-premium-bra-briefs/
snow report
looks fine to me . . .not much insulation but its the personality that counts Cool
ski holidays
In TK max thy have H/H merino socks for £7.99 they are called them Nursery.
I can vouch for them, they are as good as any high ends socks I've spent loads of money on before.
latest report
@Belch, thanks for confirming the date - have put it in my diary.
snowHead
snow report
Belch wrote:
tarrantd wrote:

Spoke to my local store manager today - Thurs 3rd Dec 8am . . .a larger selection this year apparently; just hope they've kept the decent merino based stuff within the new range

Hundreds of snowheads will be camping outside their respective Aldi stores!!
ski holidays
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=697
snow report
Not a very impressive offering from Lidl by the looks of my local stores, hope Aldi keeps the standards up.
snow conditions
Aldi stuff is up on the website now by the way, in case anyone wants a look. https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-3-dec/

Not sure there's anything there I need, but not sure if that'll be enough to stop me going for a look.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Merino same price as last year and the helmet same colours as my new jacket (or is that too sad?).
snow conditions
I wandered down this morning as I needed some breakfast groceries anyway.

I'm not sure if my store had a full range of all the outerwear (I didn't see a full range of colours as listed in the brochure), but the gear looked decent enough for the price. Also the base layers didn't have a full range of sizes and colours, but I guess enough.

Gloves all seemed decent, both normal and the leather palm ones, though not long enough in the cuff for me (and I didn't really like the 'look'). I did pick up one full set of compression base layers (but not the colour I wanted), a pair of merino long johns, 2 pairs of the silk socks (very nice), and a cheap buff.
ski holidays
I got a pair of the cheaper normal ski gloves at £4.99, and a pair of the leather faced ones at £19.99. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I got some merino long johns but couldn't find a top - regardless of colour - in size M.

Cheap buffs and thermal leggings for grand-daughters. Couldn't find any decent socks and got some good gloves in T K Maxx last week.

Got home to find I'd left the pan with my glacé chestnuts on a low heat. Embarassed fortunately my lodger smelt something amiss and switched off before I set fire to the house. They were looking good, too. Sad

So, not a brilliantly successful morning overall.
ski holidays
@pam w, where s your nearest Aldi? Could be ours too, I know I should look it up myself.
snow report
@pam w, where s your nearest Aldi? Could be ours too, I know I should look it up myself.
snow report
@pam w, There was a nice turquoise merino (long sleeve) top in size M - maybe I beat you to it! wink as most of the ladies merino tops in that colour seemed to be size S. Thank goodness for the lodger - could have been a lot worse.

@Pamski, Am guessing it's Havant
ski holidays
@loatie, Yes, Havant. The long johns are the turquoise colour. Yes, you probably got the last M top!

It was a bit of a scrum.... rolling eyes

The smell of burnt sugar lingers - not sure yet how the pan will have fared.
latest report
@pam w, do the long johns come small or large in respect of normal sizing? Would I want small or medium? (ie I'd be small M&S but medium in some other brands). Ta!
snow conditions
Just for you, @maggi, I've tried them on. They are very roomy. I'd say more of a 14 - quite baggy round the bum. I'm sure you'd be fine in the small.
latest report
@pam w, oh, thanks! Off to Aldi now. (I bet they've run out Laughing .)
latest report
There were a couple of ladies mediums in torquoise in Aldi in Amesbury and a couple of black ones but they were short sleeved.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy