Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with 'housemaids knee' (bursitis)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've recently been diagnosed with this on my right knee. I'm a bus mechanic so spend a lot of time on my knees under a wheelarch or working through a floor trap which is what my gp says has probably brought it on. Standing, sitting, walking etc doesn't seem to bother it. Just kneeling aggrevates it. Flared up last Friday first time ever. Have been prescribed naproxen anti inflammatory tablets. I'm going to saalbach in February and feel like I need to get on with fitness preparation. Any recommendations? Should I ski at a fridge or dry slope or should I just rest it?? Bored bored bored!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My brother in law, an electrician, took years to accept that working on his knees he ought to wear really good knee protection! Hope it gets better soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A friend of ours has been suffering with this as well for the last few years. Her GP referred her to an orthopaedic consultant who injected the joint recently (assume a steroid injection) and has been told to build up her exercise slowly.

Last season she tried a ski mojo which helped a lot until it broke as a result of a manufacturing issue Evil or Very Mad

She is planning to join us in Val Thorens this Feb so hope the exercise and ski mojo both work.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been using knee pads for a good few years and have just been 'pottering' about at work since it flared up. Not done any kneeling jobs. What I couldn't understand was how it came on so fast. I started work at 5.30 am. By 8.00 am I was in agony but hadn't done any kneeling that morning and not had a kneeling job the day before. I don't remember banging it so a little baffled! I do a little running and mountain biking for exercise normally but have stopped incase I make it worse.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My sister in law had this and did not get in the way of skiing.
She had to change career to take the pressure off.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
She was also fine standing around for hours it was the time on her knees that really hurt.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Whitty, my hubby had this for a while following a tiling our bathroom and conservatory floor. He had some physio and was taught how to tape the knee when he went skiing to relieve the pain.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steveee, they should replace the mojo - there was a known issue. Mine was exchanged no questions asked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for replying, I was going to nip over to chill factor.e today (my day off) but have decided to give it a bit more rest. It doesn't bother me at all apart from kneeling. I just don't want to make it any worse. I'm bored due to having three midweek days off but not being able to do anything. It feels like I could ski on it. Maybe I'm just too impatient.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've had this a few times, usually after bike crashes onto my knee and damaging the bursa.

When it flares up a bit of contact on the sore point gives excruciating stabbing pain through my knee cap and joint. I've damaged it again at the moment but managed 2 hours in Xscape making a complete hash of learning rails and boxes (should know better in my 40's! Give me steep, rocky and narrow any day!) and it was no better or worse.

So in my non medical experience and patient sample of 1, you will probably be OK. Very Happy Just don't fall on your knees! Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have weak knees which are easily injured, and by the end of a week's skiing they are normally swollen and painful, despite some heavy-duty braces. However, I invested in a Ski Mojo last season and for the first time ever came home with no knee damage, so I can highly recommend it. I still wear a pair of basic knee supports as well, just to stabilise my patellas.

I hope you can find the right solution to keep you skiing for a long time to come and enjoy Saalbach - one of my favourite resorts.
Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiing will put on pressure on your knees, and if you have any kinda niggle or injury , this might cause you pain (I know Sad )

Bring a neoprene knee brace, if you dont experience pain at the end of day, no need to use it, but better to have one with you

Tiger Balm, can help , rub over knee area in morning

When showering massage knee
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy