Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cordon - Combloux

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be staying in Cordon over new year and had a couple of questions I was hoping people might be able to help out with:

a) If possible I was looking to avoid hiring a car (unless essential) and I was struggling to see online how easy it is to move between cordon and the other ski resorts of combloux/megeve? Are there buses/trains between the different resorts or will a car be required?

b) in terms of ski passes we will have 6 days skiing so I was thinking of just getting the portes du Mont Blanc pass, as opposed to the full pass - would there be enough ski runs from this pass to keep us busy for the 6 days, (alongside a day or so skiing in Cordon) or would people recommend the full pass? (We are beginner/intermediate skiers)

c) can anybody recommend any transfer companies between geneva airport to cordon? Or any other methods of transport i.e. I think there may be a train station at Sallanches?

Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cordon is a little cut off from the rest of the ski area and so we always drive (we are based in La Giettaz which is part of the Portes du Mont Blanc) - I don't know if they run the ski bus there… to be honest I think you would really, really benefit from the flexibility of having your own transport if staying in Cordon. I also would say that the Portes du Mont Blanc pass is plenty assuming conditions are ok, but you can leave that decision until much nearer the time, and I'd also work out the costs of getting individual day passes versus committing yourself to a 6-day pass… the day passes are cheaper when you buy them in La Giettaz so there isn't really a price difference but I don't know about Cordon so it's worth doing a bit of research/maths with regard to getting, say, one or two Evasion day passes and then three or four days Portes du Mont Blanc etc.

Although Cordon is somewhat cut off, it's an absolutely beautiful village and the views of Mont Blanc are exceptional. I would also recommend eating/drinking at Le Refuge there - really lovely people and food.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy