Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Worldcup Supershape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After several years of skiing my own rotten old planks I got bored and hired some "black category" rental skis in La Tania last week - quite a revelation! Stiff and fairly heavy, felt like they would blast through anything. Quick-set hire bindings probably made them feel heavier than they really were, but they were very stable at speed once I got the confidence to just point them downhill and carve. Got better & better the faster I went.

Skied at 170cm long, fairly wide at tip & tail, so not bad at all off-piste, despite being narrow underfoot (121-66-107). Radius of 12.1m made speedy carving attainable even for a plonker like me.

The moral of this story is: if you are an advanced-intermediate upgrade your gear, coz your old equipment may be holding you back. I struggled to get to grips with these skis for the first day or two, as my usual planks are a lot softer/more forgiving. Once I sharpened up my technique I was off at warp-speed, oo-la-la! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Amongst hire bindings I actually like the Head/Tyrolia ones. Had them on a pair of iXRC 1400chips (163cm/13.1m for 90kg)* on Saturday. With the bindings set 15mm forward I could change the arc shape very late in the turn and stay smooth on the backside of some pretty icy bumps, without giving up any flat-out speed to the guys on 170cm+ Allstars.

*07 allblack
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah I've got Tyrolia Cyber bindings on my own skis. The bindings are very good, better than the skis in fact!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy