Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Personal Tuition in Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The wife and I are heading over to Kitzbuhel at the end of January and are considering getting a morning of personal tuition. We've both been skiing for quite a few years and consider ourselves to be decent intermediates and can ski down most reds and make our way down easier blacks. The problem is that with learning to ski in Scotland I feel that I ski with a technique more suited to not falling on ice and rocks rather than actually skiing the snow like I feel I should (and like I see other skiers doing). We also don't think we've really been progressing for the last few years which is why we're considering the personal tuition.

Does this sound like a good idea? Can anyone recommend a ski instructor/school in Kitzbuhel? Would we be better to book it ourselves or through our tour rep (we're traveling with Crystal)? How much should we expect to pay?

Thanks,

Ian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Based on what you have said, personal tuition sounds right. Compare prices through Crystal & direct.
Group lessons tend to take place in the morning, private lessons tend to be conducted in the afternoon.

Here's a link just send them all a short email in English and base your decision on the replys.
http://www.bergbahn-kitzbuehel.at/en/default.asp?MenuID=Menu6

http://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for those links I'll send the emails after work today. Is there anything I should ask them in the email to try and gauge who would be best?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanS wrote:
Thanks for those links I'll send the emails after work today. Is there anything I should ask them in the email to try and gauge who would be best?

Maybe ask to see if they have a Native English speaker, how much they charge for two people per hour and what level of ski instructor they would provide.

Just found this ..... a couple of instructors are in Kitzbuhel
http://www.snowsportinstructors.co.uk/search/search.asp?keyword=austria&submit=Search
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IanS, beware of the Red Devils ski school. Tuition variable, to say the least. I went with Crystal (never again) and certainly last year, this was the school that they sent their clients to. They do have some British instructors though. They seem to be more enthusiastic that the locals, who I unfortunately found to be taciturn and uninterested in their job. Or perhaps I was just unlucky. Also, watch out if you're going on the big race weekend - lots of very drunk Austrians, particularly if the weather is bad and the racing can't go ahead!! Have a great trip snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
samharris, thanks for the advice. I'd seen similar comments about the Red Devils elsewhere so I was hoping for some comments on the alternatives. They also seem quite expensive.

I'm actually going the week after the big race, though it is something I'd like to do sometime. I'm sure the atmosphere would be great, plus I'd obviously have to get drunk myself so that the drunk Austrians didn't irritate me too much Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IanS, the drunk Austrians were a bit of an eye-opener for someone from sedate Hampshire! Perhaps not for a Glaswegian?? Toofy Grin Very Happy Good fun though..
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are probably a lot of Germans there during the races too.

Drunk Austrians are similar to drunk Glaswegians or Mancunians but without all the fighting wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from spending Christmas in Kitzbuhel. AFAIK, all the various Kitzbuhel ski schools have now all merged under the Red Devils banner - totalling 350 instructors! Don't know if there's any independents left.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IanS, Try this web site www.blacksheepski.com British guy just started his own school. My daughter had a 2 hour lesson and she was so much better after it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy