Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sking in Italy mid December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sking in italy in mid december, where to go. We are a group of families with mixed ages and mixed abilities, flying into Milan mid december and hoping to ski for 5/6 days . we are hiring cars, Considering going to the dolomites , corvara.
Looking for a quite village reasonable snow shure ??, 2/ 3star hotel good food or an appartment
What advice from the snowhead community

Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervinia is your best bet at that time. The village is at 2000 meters and the mountain is mostly easy blue and red slopes so ideal for a family. Plenty of small hotels on the main St which back on to the ski lift.
It's a bit of a drive but it's cheap and the food is great in resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If headed to the Dolomites that early I'd be inclined to hang on till the last minute to check snow cover. Shouldn't be any problem with accommodation at the last minute.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.worldweatheronline.com/corvara-weather/trentino-alto-adige/IT.aspx?day=20

Should be a good base by the 1st December
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What @pam w, said. Wait till last minute.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I drove ove the Sella Pass the other day I could see they'd started to make some snow already, although it's been warm here since. It's pretty unusual that you won't be able to ski by christmas, it may not be that thick though if you head up off piste. Take a look at our apartments as were very close to Marmolada which is the highest peak in the Dolomites - 5 minutes - seeing as it's a glacier there will definitely be snow! It's also a single lift ride over to Arraba where there's some great high level skiing and a 10 minute drive to the Civetta range. To be honest most of Corvara is pretty low, especially the area towards the east of Corvara and you could find it tricky there. If you want some more info about the various areas there take a look here: http://www.casa-alfredino.co.uk/skiing-information/ - sorry not done blogs for all the areas yet - have yet to write up Val Gardena as it's such a large area. I'll get around to it soon!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would not bother doing dolomites in mid december... We did there one xmas and it was a good year and there were signs out stating Danger low Snow.... Although there will be snow making a lot of runs will be closed, cervinia would be better.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cervinia always has good snow cover in December - the weather's just about to 'turn' - nearly a metre of snow due this weekend so that should be an excellent base! We're due there on January 10th...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Italy is usually OK by mid December. The Val Gardena world cup downhill has always been December and has a good record.
I think the next ten days are going to see the Alps turn white, with quite a substantial base for the season
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah we have the Jet stream swinging in over the north pole and then down past spain, hooking back over the med and into italy which means the first snows should arrive on Saturday along with a big temperature drop. Hopefully things will continue in the same vein for a while!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think the next 10 days will be telling. Last year we were in Cervinia, which was fun. Mid term, we went to Sauze d'Oulx and just loved it there. The tree line is higher than most places, and the trees are spread far apart such that tree skiing is not only possible, but great fun. The village bases run anywhere from 1500 to 1800 meters, so if the snow is decent at all, there should be good coverage.

For a group though, you might look at Montgenvre, which is just over the border from Italy. There are apartment hotels there, on the piste with activities for kids including swimming. The village itself has a swimming pool. Still about 2 or 2,5 hours from Milan, and an easier driver than getting to the Dolomites.

I have a room reserved for that week in Sestriere, 4 star with spa facilities which I can cancel 48 hours before. And I might end of up in Montgenvre. Or I might go to the Aosta Valley that week, if snow permits.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy