Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of any B&B type places that accept 4 night stays? Tried the Solden website non binding thing and none have come back with anything!The date is 25/02/16.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@harvey13, try these two - both excellent:

http://www.appartementhaus-kathrin.at/willkommen.html

http://www.jaqueline-soelden.at/willkommen.html

I've stayed at Kathrin's place a few times and you can either go self-catering or B&B. Jaqueline is her mother's place and on the same site.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your problem is: in the midst of high season acco's can easily demand a 7 day stay, and to bo more precise: from Saturday to Saturday or sometimes Sunday to Sunday.(so if your 4-day request is including a full weekend, it's even more problematic)
And thus you are way too early with this request, you would better wait until end January, early February
Only the poorer options will now show availibility this long ahead (and appearantly from your search, these even don't currently....it tells you)
If you don't want to wait that long your only option would be to book a full week, and just use 4 days.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used www.booking.com when we did a 4 day break to Solden earlier this year.
We ended up booking Haus Arnold which was fine for our needs and well located. Direct bookings can be made at www.chatel.nl
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B & B in the Hotel Sunny was reasonable last year for 4 nights. And directly opposite uplift.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try this place which did me a midweek to midweek deal last time I went to Solden:

http://www.haus-judith.at/cms/

A little out of town in Zwieselstein but handy if you fancy a day in Obergurgl in addition to Solden.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We sent 50+ emails trying to find Accommodation within our price range for 5 days .
As we tried booking early the only place that would take us was http://www.pension-oetztal.at/e/oetztalmain.htm ,I cant quite remember but we had to Leave by or check-in by the Sunday therefore not bridging 2 different weeks.
Its set back off the main road and about 100m walk to the Gaislachkogelbahn lift

As others have said and your finding out ,its a bloody nightmare trying to find short stay accommodation this far from your arrival date .
If you can hold your nerve wait until a few weeks before you go and check again on the Solden website again .As we found out there was plenty of Accommodation as the places that haven't sold rooms for the whole 7 days start to release shorter lengths of stays.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@harvey13, I've just used airbnb for booking a 3 night trip to Italy.
Not B&B but it's easy to sort breakfast.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So that's Airnotbnb Ray Zorro Laughing??

Booking.com brings up a possible B&B option for 4 nts on 25 Feb - although it is at Zwieselstein, a couple of miles outside Soelden:
- Haus Sonnschein @ £254 for 4 nts (double room).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hotel Sunny no offer.Thanks all.Think I'll keep plugging away and assume nearer the time something will come up.Been saying for about 5 years that we need to try Solden!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I spent 5 nights here: http://www.mariatheresia-soelden.at/en/index.php
It was also a single room which is the greatest pain to find for shorter stays. Great location near the Giggijochbahn lift and very nice overall. Reasonably priced, too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy