Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Les Brevieres

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
We are staying in Les Brevieres in February 2016, we would like as much info as possible about getting in and out of the resort. For skiing etc. Most the info I've found online is dated and doesn't explain clearly how to get up to the higher resorts.

Thanks in advance

A
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jump on the Sache bubble, then ski a short blue to two chairs.

From the top of one you can take a red or blue down into Le Lac, from the other you can go up to Aguille Percee and enjoy the runs down from there.

At the end of each day you can ski down the lovely Sache black run.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you

Is the only way back to Les Brevieres via a black run? Some in our party are not capable?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, there are reds and a very easy blue back down to Brevs, they can get quite icy though so no shame in getting the bubble back down. I think you should be fine for snow quality that time of year.

Les Brevieres is a lovely little village to base yourself in. Enjoy snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AndreaLF, welcome to snowHeads. Also Tignes buses run from Les Brevieres to the other villages, eg Le Lac, Val Claret, Lavachet. Useful if you decide to end the day without skiing back to Les Brev. Also to use the Lagon pool and leisure centre, see special events, etc. What skiing experience and capability does your group have? IMO the blue piste to Les Brev is easy in decent snow conditions. However if icy or thin snow cover it has some tricky bits for relative beginners. Hopefully in mid Feb snow should be great.

Worth familiarising yourselves with those 2 chairlifts, seen near the top of the Sache gondola out of Les Brev. Their routes cross over each other as they ascend the mountain. They take you to quite different routes with different grade pistes.
Lots more advice on Espace Killy from snowHeads should you want it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you stay in the chalet area a little up there is a smal "funicular" to come down to the lifts.
Nice little village with some very nice restaurants.
It is the only village left after the dam was built, the other now are in the lake. Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@intermediate, are you sure about the buses? It's 3 years since we've been to Les Brev, but buses certainly didn't run to the other villages then - my injured husband, who was not skiing, had to take the chair up to Les Boisses (allowed FOC for pedestrians, I think, but he had a pass as he had intended to ski) and then get a bus to the other villages from there. Pedestrians could also take the chair back down to Les Brev, but you were NOT allowed to take the chair down if you had skis.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@AndreaLF, have a look at the map

http://www.sintegra.fr/tignes/en/?fullscreen=true

The "Marais" lift after la Sache bubble is quite old and then journey is very long and slow. So you might want to avoid it when it's very cold and windy. Take the "Aiguille Rouge" chairlift instead in the morning to leave the area.

Otherwise, it is indeed a very charming alpine village, unlike the other Tignes resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="sj1608"]@intermediate, are you sure about the buses? It's 3 years since we've been to Les Brev, but buses certainly didn't run to the other villages then - my injured husband, who was not skiing, had to take the chair up to Les Boisses (allowed FOC for pedestrians, I think, but he had a pass as he had intended to ski) and then get a bus to the other villages from there. Pedestrians could also take the chair back down to Les Brev, but you were NOT allowed to take the chair down if you had skis.[/quote

II think this is right, in April 2014 you could get the bus from les boisses (also known as tignes 1800 now) to all the other bits of tignes, but not from les brevs.

To get from les boisses to Les brevs is a very easy blue with only about 150m of vertical though so is still an option to get back to Les brevs, but no you can't use the bus to get around to the other towns for, say, a drink.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are no free navettes from Brev to the higher resorts (its to do with the classification of the road - mainly standup buses are verboten - you need a seat). There are a handful of service buses a day. Sache bubble and Aiguille Rouge takes about 20 mins and you are in the thick of it. The easy run back down is a road in the summer so within the capabilities of all except an absolute beginner.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No public transport from Les Brev to other Tignes villages then? Sorry if I got that wrong. I remember catching a free bus down there from Le Lac one year, when weather closed in up top. Maybe they put a special service on, or things have changed since.
I like an alternative method to get back to base.....just in case. Maybe there's a gap in the market for skidoo hire in Les Brev?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In the past staying at Les Boisses I'm sure the bus went down to Les Brevieres first before turning round and going back up via Les Boisses. I havent been that way for 4 or 5 years though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Les Brevieres . Great place to stay. Was our first taste of Tignes. Sherpa black is great . Icy when we were there but still good. Smile don't remember a lift from the higher chalets down though, is that new ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ do you mean Sache?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bigtoe, there's a pedestrian lift from to access the chalets up the hill so you don't have to walk all the way round - it's not a ski lift, just a quicker way of getting to the bubble. I think it opened in then 2010/11 season or thereabouts.
snow report
Quote:

Sherpa black is great . Icy when we were there but still good.

Quote:

^ do you mean Sache?

I've had nightmare runs around ski resort Sherpa minimarkets and the scariest bit is always at the end. The bill for half a dozen items for a basic alfresco lunch made my knees knock. About the same as a full trolley weekly shop back home. The Sache run is a dream by comparison. Avoid both unless you're a) rich or b) advanced intermediate with sharp edges.
snow conditions
@intermediate, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Morning all!

My party is staying in Les Brevieres w/c 19/12. I think I've pretty well worked out that there is no navette from Brev. Whilst this wouldn't particularly bother us normally, this time one of our party is a beginner and my well not be doing much skiing.

Now Tignesnet says "Don't forget that pedestrians can travel for free between Brevieres and Les Boisses via the Brevieres chairlift." Which is nice Happy

Can anybody tell me how late the chairlift is open till?

Thanks
latest report
Not been to Les Brevieres since 2013. Then the Brevieres chair shut down at much the same time as all the others which usually resulted in having to take a slow run down Myrtilles blue back to the village.
latest report
@ecsleath, the closing times for list will vary a bit through the season - they'll be on the Tignes website.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy