Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
@always29, - glad you're enjoying SWD2. I guess you must have had a "skiing accident" to be traveling threw GVA in a wheel chair. Didn't know that meant bypassing duty free, but better for everyones waistline and your wallet. I'm well overdue for a skiing injury. Every season I think "this year somethings going to give". Hope you're off the crutches soon. At least you've got all summer to recuperate.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm with Always - accident, big operation required, a couple of years before being back on the mountain.

I have never skiied with demons before, but I have a feeling that I will be, the next time I click some skis on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just bought the first book. Looking forward to reading it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks@bar shaker, hope it doesn't disappoint.

In case anyone else needs some reading to get them threw the space-time of summer - here is my latest non-skiing related blog:

https://skiingwithdemons.com/2017/05/19/i-love-cox/

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LOL, I spent last Friday also in Brindley Place. Had been lecturing at the NEC during the day, an airship hangar never mind aircraft hangar. Passing " delegates" to the body pump exo in lycra and bra tops and full make up at 8 am was a little ( a lot) weird.

By 7 pm we got back to Brum, checked in, had 2 beers in the hotel and went to bed before ten shattered, in the disabled room they had allocated us. I know my place now I am old!

Saw a few obvious Cox groupies at breakfast the next morning. Far better than having a One Direction or similar gig next door.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just in case you love the Lakes District, LandRovers and you're a bit bored, here is my latest blog.

Is it possible to live in a Defender 110 ?

http://wp.me/p6v2i5-iM

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am considering divorce.....

In the process of moving so having some charity clear outs, can't find my signed original swd1. Think swmbo has put it in 'a bag' but she won't admit to it.

I think I may have grounds for 'diminished responsibility' as a get out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ask her where it is. I have found, first with my mother then with my wife and lately with my daughter, that if I ask a female where something is it miraculously appears. The spell also makes me look foolish, but they've always considered me that way, anyway.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@henzerani, it was 'in a place' then some bags were put out to charity, and it's no longer ' in the place' it was. I have asked if it was moved and the answer is no, my wife is a full on scary MF, which comes from being a secondary maths teacher.

It may turn up.......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ansta1, you're just weak... I am too, just sayin !!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ansta1, Very Happy
It's funny, how sure people are that they haven't moved anything. It did make me check though, and my copy is of SWD is safely on the bookshelf. However, I can't currently locate the marmalade ... and of course "noone's touched your bloody marmalade".
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ansta1, Glad you found your copy of SWD1. I wonder if SWIMBO is an Agent of Entropy? Can she open French Doors?

Good luck with your house move and locating the marmalade.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I hope that some SnowHeads will be disappointed to hear that Skiing With Demons III (SWD3) will not be published in time for Christmas!
– mostly because I haven’t written it. There are several other reasons why - some of which are literally quite shocking.

I have compiled all my excuses into my latest blog:

https://skiingwithdemons.com/2017/10/04/what-did-this-ski-bum-do-with-his-summer/

Some SnowHeads might think the blog in a thinly veiled attempt to sell more copies of the old books and get more people to book rooms in my new chalet.
- but they are cynics.

Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skiingwithdemons, Thanks for the reminder - meant to put the books on my Xmas list last year but forgot!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@boredsurfin, no problem, there will be other reminders as the book buying festival (known as Xmas) approaches.
snow conditions
Not a happy bunny. SwdI, and swdII has been my christmas reading and skiing friends go to. Not sure I'll ever buy another swd now till episode 3 comes out.
latest report
@ansta1, sorry. Will try really hard to mess stuff up , while making notes, next season.
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, I may be available as an assistant host, assistant unofficial guide and frequent note taker to help out with the upcoming season.

Honesty statement. I'm a crap skier, I don't like people, my hand writing sucks. Though I am good company till the 5th pint of beer or glass of wine. I also am a reasonable cook, a very competent driver and a qualified mechanic.
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
@skiingwithdemons, I may be available as an assistant host, assistant unofficial guide and frequent note taker to help out with the upcoming season.

Honesty statement. I'm a crap skier, I don't like people, my hand writing sucks. Though I am good company till the 5th pint of beer or glass of wine. I also am a reasonable cook, a very competent driver and a qualified mechanic.

I can vouch for all that.

He looks good in a skirt too...
ski holidays
your CV seems impeccable.

Quote:

I'm a crap skier, I don't like people, my hand writing sucks. Though I am good company till the 5th pint of beer or glass of wine. I also am a reasonable cook, a very competent driver and a qualified mechanic.

As long as you're prepared to work for free and find your own accommodation you've got the job.

"Qualified Mechanic" ah - you must come round for dinner.
Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 5-10-17 21:38; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
skiingwithdemons wrote:
@Layne, your CV seems impeccable.

Wrong man guv.
snow report
Sorry @Layne, You can come round for dinner too - as long as you bring @ansta1,
latest report
skiingwithdemons wrote:

Layne,

When we going?
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
skiingwithdemons wrote:

Layne,

When we going?

Week a Friday
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, I finally brought your books, after a year faffing (tbh I forgot - probably the aliens) to satisfy me on the plane to South Africa. I've been in fits of laughter since page one, probably because I've been in similar predicaments, people call me a liability but then who likes boring. I am in envy of you though as you are living my dream. So I may even take the plunge and see if I can come out and scare myself silly on the wall again.
ski holidays
Thanks @Dzmarc, and sorry for the delay, I forgot about skiing for a while - Dr's orders.

I still have rooms free in January ( Wall optional). More info here: http://www.myskifriends.org

My season has started early this year - just been skiing in Sutton Coldfield!

http://youtube.com/v/8HCQMaJzzE0

Cheers Chris
snow report
In case anyone's still listening, I just posted a new blog: "Snow - Love it or hate it ?"

https://skiingwithdemons.com/2017/12/10/snow-love-it-or-hate-it/

snow report
What a stupid question wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ousekjarr, it's rhetorical. Read the blog ! snowHead
snow conditions
@ansta1, bit late I know, but "full on scary MF", takes a brave man to pen that Laughing
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, I have, and both books. Snow is unfeeling, uncaring, unforgiving, but above all... good fun to play in while it feels like playing nice. But never underestimate it's capacity for harm

But this is Snowheads - we love it like nothing else, and we pray for more of it
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, good blog. Thought I was getting migraine though. Took a while to work out it's snowing on your website Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Amen @ousekjarr, and thanks for reading.

I do accept that the question "Snow - love it or hate it?" was a bit of a stupid one for a forum called "SnowHeads". I couldn't find one called "Snow-undecided-Heads" Happy
ski holidays
Thanks @henzerani, sorry about the migraine. Hopefully it will stop snowing on my website soon.
- Am I allowed to say that on snowHeads?
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, ^ No snowHead
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, Finally was given the book for Xmas (unsigned so I guess its worth more wink ) I guess someone will have to give me SWD2 for my Birthday in January snowHead
ski holidays
Great news @boredsurfin, you need to drop bigger hints or email your friends this link :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skiing-Demons-2-Agents-Entropy/dp/1911175475/?tag=amz07b-21

Just back from a bit of Tea Club Leading in Les Arcs 1800. 6 days of power on empty piestes Happy

This could be the start of an epic snow season.
snow report
Latest Blog:

The rain has finally turned to snow in Morzine. I'm starting to feel a bit less left out now, having spent the last week listening to the stories about epic snow, avalanche Risk 5 and travel chaos around the rest of the Alps - well, maybe not the avalanche and chaos bit.

But I like it when it rains in Morzine - not least because, when it rains, the bookshop sells more of my books!

http://www.stylealtitude.com/rain-in-morzine-chris-tomlinson-ski-bog.html

ski holidays
Ski bog? Is that some new type of sit ski with integral plumbing???
latest report
@ousekjarr, for once , that was somebody else's typo. But they might accidentally have invented something useful. Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy