Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hakuba -> Myoko -> Nozawa : Taxi Transfers between the Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone experienced taxi transfers directly between Hakuba, Myoko and Nozawa Onsen? Is it feasible? There are bus shuttle services that go via Nagano, which are cost effective but the transfer times are 2 to 2.5 hours. Furthermore the Myoko<->Nozawa shuttle arrives around midday, which is too late for me. My idea is to transfer between the resorts early morning then get a full days skiing in at the new resort. Taxi (or car hire) seems the only way to achieve this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at train and taxi combination. We did that and worked well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the suggestion @Dublinfella. With that combo did you travel between Myoko and Nozawa at all? I guess it involves a train change at Nagano. Will look into it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From google maps it looks like Myoko to Nozawa is about 25Km by road.
If you go by train via Nagano it's longer and takes more time, check out the Japanese train site- Hyperdia.
I would just ask your hosts in the Myoko hotel/B&B for a taxi direct or maybe a bus to Iiyama, then get a taxi onwards to NozOn.
The hotel will usually be able to help, but if they can't (or don't), have a backup plan, i.e the train.
There are also plenty of Aussies there you can ask for advice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers@dbeatski, good advice. I've sorted it. Train to Hakuba. Ski. Bus Transfer to Nowawa Onsen. Ski. Taxi to Myoko. Ski. Train to Tokyo. That's assuming there's decent snow. If not its Hokkaido!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy