Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Loveland or araphoe, first timer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and the girlfriend are travelling from Orlando to Denver for a snow trip. Fully intend to skip skis and attempt snowboarding. Looking to keep the price down as this is gonna be a semi short notice trip for the middle kg December. We've done some research and have narrowed jet down to these two. Which is better for first timers? Loveland supposedly has little to no lines, but is steeper, and a basin has lines but isn't as steep. This is according to my friend who snowboards out there but I feel she may be also be trying to steer us toward a basin since she has a pass there already.

Help please =)
Also. Is it practical to stay in Denver, rather than super close to the ski area, for 3 days? Would it be a hassle to drive back and forth? I'm assuming not since we may check out Denver's nightlife, post ski.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have only done A-Basin of the two but may do a day at loveland over thanksgiving.
A-Basin well worth a visit and certainly has lot's of steeps, even some on piste little cliffs! not sure either is right for first time boarding. Both are close enough to get the Denver locals but neither have any base accomodation so not tourist based. I did A-Basin on a sunday and saw no lines to speak of.
Given they are so close you could try both easy enough from Denver.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
definitely Loveland, (have skied both many times) but why not consider staying on snow? It costs stuff all to stay at somewhere like Copper, especially before Xmas.

Once take the driving back & forth to Denver into a/c it's prob cheaper to stay onsnow.

Or stay at Silverthorne/Dillon/Frisco.

You don't need a car in Copper. You can get a 7 seater 4wd for around US$100 for 24 hours inc everything. Drop off at Hertz depot @ Frisco.

How r u getting from Orlando to Denver ? Vail-Eagle is a much better airport than Denver. Same number of frequent flyer points.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The main thing I remember about A-Basin was my little rental car really not liking the altitude. Chug, chug up the hill.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Winter Park
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well yes, but that wasn't the question. And Winter park is my favourite snowboard location in Colorado, but it's a bit steep in places for those attracted to other Colorado locations..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philwig wrote:
Well yes, but that wasn't the question. And Winter park is my favourite snowboard location in Colorado, but it's a bit steep in places for those attracted to other Colorado locations..

I would suggest that despite what the OP posted they haven't done the research and Winter Park would be a far better option to learn snowboarding close to Denver.

Koalat wrote:
Me and the girlfriend are travelling from Orlando to Denver for a snow trip. Fully intend to skip skis and attempt snowboarding. Looking to keep the price down as this is gonna be a semi short notice trip for the middle kg December. We've done some research and have narrowed jet down to these two. Which is better for first timers? Loveland supposedly has little to no lines, but is steeper, and a basin has lines but isn't as steep. This is according to my friend who snowboards out there but I feel she may be also be trying to steer us toward a basin since she has a pass there already.

Help please =)
Also. Is it practical to stay in Denver, rather than super close to the ski area, for 3 days? Would it be a hassle to drive back and forth? I'm assuming not since we may check out Denver's nightlife, post ski.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Epicski.com Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy