Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me find a boot bag special requirments.

Poster: A snowHead
We all know its near Christmas and one thing i know my gf doesn't have is a boot bag. Now here's the catch, She's always wanted one to keep each boot separate from each other!?! To avoid scratching her nice boots or something?!? Girls eh, id throw mine in an asda bag to get to the mountain.

Does such a thing even exist, must look "girly" and have something in the center to keep the left and right foot apart...

If this fails, what about a heated boot bag, that looks "girly" the ones i find all look sort of boyish. Flowers, pink, petals, makeup or whatever makes them look girly.

(All else fails, please recommend nice girly looking, pretty boot bags) Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a head heated boot bag, not particularly girly but i can absolutely say i wouldnt be without it now.

That smug feeling of dry, nicely warmed and soft shells in the morning is just bliss.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And you'll be filing the edges round on the skis so they don't scratch them either? Wink
Not exactly what you're looking for, but if the goal is to keep them seperate within the larger bag you might consider these: http://www.snokart.com/collections/ski-boot-bags/products/boot-airliner
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll second the Head heated bag.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Google transpack xt1
One compartment each boot plus a middle space. Had one a few years ago and liked it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
essex wrote:
Google transpack xt1
One compartment each boot plus a middle space. Had one a few years ago and liked it.

Thats actually perfect! I also found ones with flowery designs haha. Thanks alot! Youve saved my bacon. I was trying to avoid the heated bag due to cost as this being a surprise and id already agreed to go halfers on a pro surfice tablet/laptop thing.

(Ill get my self a heated one haha)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually the price of these on uk amazon... wow lol
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Get a normal bootbag and put a baselayer between, or a piece of jiffy foam Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hotchy, what are you seeing pricewise in UK ? I saw one crazy GBP 157 !
I can see them here in US for $79 (the XTW print I think).
just paypal me some $$ and I can have one on its way next week if you like.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
the alternative is a standard boot back and a pair of snocart airliners they are individual boot sleeves so you can put each boot in its on bag either in a boot bag or in your main luggage they cost £20
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rossignol do one - http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/hero-dual-boot-bag--2015--RKDB109--product--alpine-men-bags.html

This is modeled on a briefcase with the boots laying flat and 'forming a square', rather than sitting upright and side-by-side and looking like one of those OAP single slipper things.

Fails on the 'girly' side though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw the thread title and thought the honeymoon had uncovered some of Schuss in Boots's 'special requirements' that Cacciatore needed advice on.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
essex wrote:
@hotchy, what are you seeing pricewise in UK ? I saw one crazy GBP 157 !
I can see them here in US for $79 (the XTW print I think).
just paypal me some $$ and I can have one on its way next week if you like.

Yea that was the price i was getting haha iv already ordered the purple flowery one, even after shipping and the inevitable import tax at my front door its easily £70 cheaper. Thanks for the offer to send me one though Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/32260/products/head_heated_ski_boot_bag.aspx
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A suitcase and two plastic bags. Pack with clothes to suit.
snow conditions
I like that rossignol briefcase bag. Might have to add to my collection Very Happy
The Transpack are nice in that they work well as a backpack - nice when dragging everything thru airport or onto a train.
snow conditions
Was tempted by the Rossi bag myself then taking boots as under-seat carry-on to free up suitcase space. Chickened-out with the risk of airlines not permitting them as carry-on and also had a play with the bag and it only had a very small and shallow pocket so not really enough for a book/passport/etc.

Also discovered I can cram both my ski jacket and sallopets that seemed to take up half my case in to my little Osprey Talon 2 backpack!
snow report
Yep, cheap & simple, plastic bags keep boots separate- then you can use any boot bag and pad out with socks and undies.
Though nowadays mine fit in super size suitcase, and helmet !
snow conditions
Scrumpy wrote:
Yep, cheap & simple, plastic bags keep boots separate- then you can use any boot bag and pad out with socks and undies.

Can you imagine her face when she unwraps her present to find two asda bags, a pair of socks, some undies and a bit of paper explaining there to be used to keep her boots separate Laughing
ski holidays
hotchy wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

Can you imagine her face when she unwraps her present to find two asda bags, a pair of socks, some undies and a bit of paper explaining there to be used to keep her boots separate Laughing

perhaps you could use the money saved to buy a camera and film her reaction for all the world to see Happy
latest report
CEM wrote:
the alternative is a standard boot back and a pair of snocart airliners they are individual boot sleeves so you can put each boot in its on bag either in a boot bag or in your main luggage they cost £20

Are they padded at all? I find packing my boots so they can't damage anything else one of the most tedious bits of packing to go skiing.
snow conditions
I picked one of these up from Amazon for £25 a couple of years back
https://www.sportube.com/Overheader-Padded-Gear-and-Boot-Backpack-p/bgsoh.htm
Not very girly though, but then it's proper kit!
latest report
altis wrote:
A suitcase and two plastic bags. Pack with clothes to suit.

THIS!! I stopped using boot bags years ago, one less thing to carry.

Bootwarmers are a godsend though.
ski holidays
Race pack has the boots attached to either side with a space in the middle for the rest of your stuff. Also is a backpack - v. Handy. Easy to get here, no idea where you get one in the UK (assuming you're there?)
snow report
stuarth wrote:
Race pack has the boots attached to either side with a space in the middle for the rest of your stuff. Also is a backpack - v. Handy. Easy to get here, no idea where you get one in the UK (assuming you're there?)

Salomon do a version and they are great but alas no girls colours
latest report
Just thought id update this. No point not finishing a story etc. Anyway ordered a nice flower xtw transpack from a site in the usa. Ordered through some international checkout thing that has the worlds worst reviews ever Laughing glad i never checked before ordering, or she would not have this.

Anyway bag arrived, i choose not to pay import tax and hoped it would sneak through, it did! Result, saving of £32 there!

Bag is very nice, alot better than the cheap £20 things. Boots look weighted evenly to each side spreading the weight and should help to not strain her back giving me another thing to carry Laughing Materials are decent, got nice we holes to let out the condensation, wet snow etc. Zips etc look decent and not a cheap Thailand, burst after 1 time use bag i recently got. It flat packs nicely for space saving when not being used, wanting to pack it etc.

Then recently, after all this hassle of getting her a bag she see's a nice one while im getting my boots fitted, not as good as this though. I had to be mean/nasty, and say we're here for my boots its not about you!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She went in a huff and put it back, its ok she will understand in 3 weeks! Thanks for everyones help!
snow report
hotchy wrote:
Just thought id update this. No point not finishing a story etc. Anyway ordered a nice flower xtw transpack from a site in the usa. Ordered through some international checkout thing that has the worlds worst reviews ever Laughing glad i never checked before ordering, or she would not have this.

Anyway bag arrived, i choose not to pay import tax and hoped it would sneak through, it did! Result, saving of £32 there!

Bag is very nice, alot better than the cheap £20 things. Boots look weighted evenly to each side spreading the weight and should help to not strain her back giving me another thing to carry Laughing Materials are decent, got nice we holes to let out the condensation, wet snow etc. Zips etc look decent and not a cheap Thailand, burst after 1 time use bag i recently got. It flat packs nicely for space saving when not being used, wanting to pack it etc.

Then recently, after all this hassle of getting her a bag she see's a nice one while im getting my boots fitted, not as good as this though. I had to be mean/nasty, and say we're here for my boots its not about you!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She went in a huff and put it back, its ok she will understand in 3 weeks! Thanks for everyones help!

Haha this sounds like my wife Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy