Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow conditions, Christmas week. Les deux alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

New to this site !

Can anyone tell me what snow / weather conditions are like in Les deux alpes over Christmas week?
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads. snowHead But the answer is "No". wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Christian humphreys, As above no one can predict this. Although there was a lot of fresh snow on the glacier a couple of weeks ago. I'll be out there in a couple of weeks and skiing from opening day on 5th, I'll post some updates then.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Christian humphreys, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

As pam w so accurately stated Laughing you can't forecast with certainty what the snow/weather conditions are going to be in any resort 6 weeks or more ahead of now! However, you can be assured that you will be able to ski/board at least somewhat in LDA as it has a glacier at the top that is even used for summer skiing. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks,

I get that, just curious on snow conditions historically. How about the resort it's self is it busy over Christmas week ??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Christian humphreys, welcome to snowHeads. There's a glacier at L2A, so at least there'll be some snow up top. Otherwise keep watching the weather forecasts and snow condition reports. Ski Club GB website has a feature that allows you to see snow depths for recent seasons, searchable by resort. WARNING - past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christian humphreys wrote:
Thanks,

I get that, just curious on snow conditions historically. How about the resort it's self is it busy over Christmas week ??

I've not been there over Xmas week, but I think you'll find in most Alpine resorts Xmas week is not as busy as New Year week (coz people like to be at home at Xmas), so I think you should be OK.

Are you going with a tour operator or DIY? If the latter I can highly recommend staying at the good value Les Lutins B&B which is right next to the main Jandri lifts. Les Lutins is also featured in the Neilsons brochure. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were there last year, just before Christmas. It was a bad start to the season and neighbouring resorts had single digit runs open. LDA was fine though, you couldn't ski all the way down to town but above the top of the first level of lifts you could get about nicely enough (though some sectors did remain closed).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cjdrum wrote:
We were there last year, just before Christmas. It was a bad start to the season and neighbouring resorts had single digit runs open. LDA was fine though, you couldn't ski all the way down to town but above the top of the first level of lifts you could get about nicely enough (though some sectors did remain closed).

We were just up the road in Chamrousse the week before Christmas last year too. There was probably a third to half the runs open, snow was a bit thin and icy in patches, however the sun shone and we had a great week. LDA his higher pistes, so even with a bad start to the year (as last year was) I'm sure you will be fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy