Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Possible scam. Beware

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am always wary of just copying things and posting them on, but I don't have any way of checking this.

I am not saying that this is a scam. Just that a warning has been posted elsewhere by someone I know and it makes sense to warn others to proceed with caution whether on the site referred to or indeed any other.

Please see post which I have copied below.

"Appears to be a scam using real chalets and re naming them and taking bookings. They have used our trip advisor comments against one of the properties.......reason we know this is that they have left our names in the comments. The property however is not ours. There is also another local property, we have contacted the owners, that they have re named but used the real chalet site photo's. The name of the site is chalethunter.com. Be careful they are advertising property across Europe."
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/chalethunter.com

some info here, but do not know what to make off it. Puzzled

If somebody could give the information to scamadvider, they might finde it usefull
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JohnHSmith, A few clues indicate it's a scam:

One is that you can't copy and paste the text. This stops you from searching in Google to see if they have lifted the descriptions from elsewhere. But type a bit of copy in — and the real owner/agents show up quick!

You can't save the photographs. This stops you using Tineye to do a reverse picture search. But screenshot a picture and run Tineye, and again, the real owner turns up.

Also notice how they have ZERO social media presence, so no Facebook or Twitter etc.

The big test would be if you tried to book. There is no way they will take credit cards, and they will try every trick in the book to get you to do a bank transfer or money transfer etc.

But lastly, there's the easiest and most obvious test of all: If the deal seems too good to be true, then...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The chalets look very much like the properties listed on Right Ski, another scam site I posted about a couple of months ago and since taken down - they've changed some chalet names again, but the phone number is similar (same area code) as that used by Right Ski, they give the registered address as being in Liverpool, and another (Liverpool) phone number with an area code that doesn't belong to the purported address. Definitely a scam
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Montana, I knew I had seen this before, and the Chinese connection.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
UK Registered Company; but the only director is Polish and lives in Poland… (not that there's anything wrong with being Polish).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.chalethunter.com/accommodation/chalet-mazin-val-disere-france/

http://www.firefly-collection.com/properties/search?q%5Blocation%5D=43

Same exterior.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.chalethunter.com/accommodation/chalet-karine-chatel-france/

http://www.alpineguru.com/chalets/france/chatel/maison-blanche-et-verte/

And another.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reported to Action Fraud. Let's hope they shut it down before someone is defrauded.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gaza, +1 (and more)

I put it up on australien skiforum.

Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've also contacted one of the genuine companies and they have said it was doing the rounds last week under a different domain. They are notifying the wider industry.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gaza, Yes, scotish are very careful about their money. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Good to have you on board!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy