Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boston Snowboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after some advice from those who know Boston and the surrounding areas well. I'm spending Christmas and New Year in the states. I'm busy until Christmas Day, but then have free time between then and New Year. I'd like to get out and do some snowboarding (somewhere that would do refresher lessons, then a lift pass). I'd like somewhere which would ideally do a b&b style affair, but minus the package holiday aspect. I'd be on my own too. I'm not going to be there for a full week - I'd just like to spend time boarding. I won't have transport, although I'm sure my friends wouldn't mind driving a short way to drop me off.

Any ideas or is it impossible?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are resorts fairly close to Boston http://www.boston.com/travel/new-england/2014/11/07/ski-minus-hours-slopes-within-minutes-boston/6SXB9gptrgMUms8H4E2fvM/story.html

However snow will be variable, if any at all.

If you want a proper resort then heading up to Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont is your best bet.

Stowe is lovely but quite steep and often icey skiing. killington is bigger and closer. Sunday River was my favourite. A fair drive but a great road trip. The snow making there is great so you should get good skiing.

New England is full of guesthouses you can just rock up at.

Car hire from Enterpise and fuel are ccheap as chips. The roads are rarely blocked either - Towns compete with each other to stay open and proudly display cups for 'Best Plow town in the region' It seems everyone who has a pick up has a plow attachment on the front -a la Homer Simpson.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As my company's headquarters are in Boston, I've been to Wachussett on a day trip. I had a good time because I was in good company and I liked the food/beer there but skiing/boarding wise it's very limited and not much more than a big hill. But it's very close to Boston and I'd still go again if going at the right time of year.
I had rented boots n board. The boots were awful, maybe because it was late in the season (mid March..). They were like slippers, but in a bad way, i.e. no hold or rigidity whatsoever! Very Happy

As per the post above, all the locals tell me I need to try NH, Maine or Vermont, but that's further to drive so you're looking at a WE rather than a day trip..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy