Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

rusty ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i have a pair of ski's that are 2 years old but never been used due to injury, there have been stored in a garage (father in laws who is a very keen skier) in what i was told to be a safe,dry and good place for them to be.

im going in march so went to get my "new" ski's only to find them covered in dust and rusted, whats the best thing for me to do regarding the rust.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
leeboy, I'm assuming we're talking edges and not bindings (they're mostly stainless stell and plastic) you can get the loose surface rust off with kitchen pan scrubber, the green nylon pad type not wire wool. Best tape a bag over the bidings to stop the rust getting into them. After that a gummy stone is best, this is a hard rubber/ abrasive block, available at all good ski shops, run it down the side and base edges separately until you can see the metal of the edge again. You'll then be able to see how bad the metal of the edges actually are t, ther will almost certainly be a lot of pitting, most likely you'll need a full service i.e. base grind, edges and wax
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
after ive rubbed them down what do i aply to them to prevent rust comingback again?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Other than not leaving them somewhere damp? If you're laying them up for some time apply a thick coat of hot wax to the base and don't scarpe it off, if the sides haven't been coated by this soften the wax on the iron and run the block down the sides. You can get a shop to put a storage coat of wax on for you if you don't have the kit to do it yourself.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy