Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes New year advice

Poster: A snowHead
Hey snowheads,

Me and a friend looking to go to Tignes for new year. Best deal I've found for half board stay is on Crystal ski for a week leaving on boxing day. circa.£750 flights,transf,accom

Any recomendations for hotels/catered chalets in Tignes i may have missed? Budget defo at the bottom of the scale.

Thanks

Ross
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may well struggle to get a better deal than that for what is one of the busiest weeks of the season (2nd only to feb half term), at one of the most snow sure resorts in europe for early season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@FastCarver74, In Chamonix New Year is definitely the busiest week of the year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munrosnow, welcome to snowheads snowHead your budget would go a whole lot further the following week and you'd spend less time in queues
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, He's not asking about Chamonix!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Unless it doesn't snow 750 is a very good deal for all in Tignes over new year. I would book it now.....(if I wasn't already there!)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chalet Chardons?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@FastCarver74, Duh. You said that NY was 2nd to 1/2 term. I was merely suggesting that round here, it's not.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Busiest down my way too; you won't catch me on the downhill pistes that week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the advice guys. Think I'll just book what I've found.

I know it'll be crazy busy but only time my mate can get off his work.

We're late starters due to apres participation so will miss the morning queues.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At Christmas and New Year there are no morning queues...everybody gets up late due to participating in the acres.

Get up, go ride...get off the hill for lunch and hit the bars!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munrosnow, Crystal have a further £50 off PP until Monday. In case you are yet to book.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chrisrawles, I just saw that will be getting booked up this weekend

@manicpb, Cheers. That sounds like a good way of doing it I'll give it a try
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munrosnow, What hotel is it out of interest? I am looking at the Hotel Tignes 2100 and wondered if that was the one you found?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chrisrawles,
Yeah that's the one mate. Looks a pretty good deal to me
latest report
@munrosnow, Location wise you are literally in touching distance of the lifts. Also some pretty good bars along that road as well. Its certainly on the watch list for NY week.
ski holidays
Hi Ross, I've stayed in Tignes 2100 hotel. Very basic, clean, small rooms, best to ask for high floor IMO. Staff service and food OK though portion size small. One of the very best locations in Tignes. Good price for a peak week. However, negligible snow so far and none forecast for next 10 days. Temperatures forecast to stay very mild (eg 22c max, 6c min). Prices may tumble if that continues, even for a peak week like New Year. I'm waiting 'til I see the whites of their eyes and a forecast of white stuff on enough of the mountains before committing.
ski holidays
@chrisrawles, @intermediate,
Thanks guys. Defo tho place I want. But that's interesting about the weather. May hold off booking like you say an make sure there's gonna be stuff to slide on.
snow report
@munrosnow, If there is no snow in Tignes, there wont be any anywhere.
latest report
@manicpb,
What are these "acres," of which you speak? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@munrosnow, "weather" is not "season" rolling eyes
ski holidays
@blahblahblah,
Quote:

If there is no snow in Tignes, there wont be any anywhere.

As long as the Grand Motte cable car is working, there'll at least be snow on the glacier. But unless snow cover is down to near, say, Val Claret village, it can feel a bit crowded in a school holiday week. Think Oxford St in the sales but more expensive and riskier.
I'm expecting a serious dip in temperatures and big dump of snow the moment I press the 'pay' button on the tour operator website. wink
snow conditions
It would really be nice to get rid of this depressing idea that no snow in the first week of November means there is going to be a poor season.
snow report
@intermediate, I thought they might have a snow canon or two.
snow report
@sanman, Exactly that would have meant the last umpteen seasons were going to be bad. Having said that a few much colder days before it snows would not go amiss.
latest report
@sanman,
Quote:

It would really be nice to get rid of this depressing idea that no snow in the first week of November means there is going to be a poor season.

I don't think anyone has said or implied that lack of snow now means a bad season. Not in this thread anyway. Caution has been suggested about Christmas week. Given the lack of snow, high temperatures and no snow forecast until beyond mid November, that seems reasonable. In 2014 we were keen to go to Tignes @ Christmas but relative lack of snow made us decide against it. Depends on your tolerance of risk, crowds and snow-cannon quality snow, if that's all that's on the ground. Also of course current temperatures, minimum 6c, too warm for cannons anyway.
ski holidays
Booked Tignes for new year week, was there three years ago the same week and found it not crowded and very little queues ( compared to LE plagne last year any how ) . Last time we went half board but found the food not to my daughters liking. Very French and eat out most nights. This time we are going self catering, @650.00 with crystal, virtually on the slope in Val Claret . Can't wait.
latest report
Booked Tignes for new year week, was there three years ago the same week and found it not crowded and very little queues ( compared to LE plagne last year any how ) . Last time we went half board but found the food not to my daughters liking. Very French and eat out most nights. This time we are going self catering, @650.00 with crystal, virtually on the slope in Val Claret . Can't wait.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy