Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kinder hotels and, or, Serfaus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning a trip the week before Christmas with our three year old and I'm considering trying somewhere new. Has anyone been to Serfaus or stayed with Kinder hotels?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've stayed at the Kinderhotel Das Galtenberg in Alpbach back in March for a long weekend with our 4 and 7 year old kids.

Kinderhotel is an affiliation rather than a chain so ine may be very different to another. That said I would expect the concept to be the same which where we stayed was a hotel with great facilities for children. Our only other experience of skiing with Children is with Esprit; both were very good but different. The Kinderhotel required a bit more active parenting, for example taking and picking up from ski school and there is the option to eat with the children in the evening or they can eat in the Creche. The only slight negative for our children was the lack of other English speaking children, though my daughter said she was talking with her hands to the Russian girl in her ski group!
I'd happily stay at a Kinderhotel again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mt, http://www.familotel.com/en Is a very similar concept to Kinder hotels. I stayed in the http://www.zauchenseehof.com/en/ and had a very similar experience to @simonbaddeley, .

They appear to have this one in Serfaus http://www.familienhotel.com/en/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to Serfaus a couple of times and I love the place. The village is long and narrow, with the uplift (3 gondolas) at one end and the car park at the other. If your hotel is at the far end then it's a fairly long walk (maybe half an hour) but there's an underground railway that goes from one end to the other all day. Apparently it's the smallest metro system in the world and it's pretty good. There's also a boot/ski store directly under the gondola stations so no need to walk in ski boots or carry your skis, except on the first & last days if you've got your own kit.

I don't have kids but I could see that Serfaus is very well set up for children. The red (left hand) gondola takes you straight up to the top of a small hill above the main gondola hub. This hill is the ski-school meeting point and has lots of things for kids, like wooden tunnels shaped as giant bears lying on the snow. When you ski into the bear's mouth it growls at you.

The uplift is nearly all gondolas and fast comfy chairs. The mountain restaurants are excellent. There's a good selection of pistes with lots of variety - some down through the trees and some real mountain tops.

Only possible downside for kids is that there aren't many british people there at all. English is very widely spoken as it's the standard language in Austria for talking to Dutch and Russians/East Europeans.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mt, been to serfaus with kids several times. Highly recommended. Also recommended for children are the hotels Löwe&Bär ( www.loewebaer.com ).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mt, would also highly recommend Serfaus for kids though we didn't use the Kinderhotel, got an appartment. However if you haven't already booked I'd be surprised if you'd get anything now as it's extremely popular with Germans and Dutch and peak weeks such as Xmas tend to be booked out way, way in advance. Good luck.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy