Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Idiots who try to sell us Ski Stuff

Poster: A snowHead
This is one of the funniest examples of clueless morons who come here in a futile attempt to sell us ski-related stuff. It's fantastic that everyone plays along...

Quote:
UK ONLY

On eBay I have selling some Prada skis, that are incredibly rare. When new I think they are worth roughly £1200 or maybe even more I'm not sure. These skis didn't cost me a penny, so I'll be selling them on auction starting at £599.99.

Prada coinsided with volant in order to produce these skis, now I'm no skier but I'm pretty sure volant are one of the big names!

£599.99

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82343
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jzBun, I wonder if you noticed that thread was from November 2011 Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really? Oh no, I've just placed a bid on those bad boy Prada's,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think jzBun is a 'bot'. Looked through a selection of posts....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ansta1, Who can resist a pair of Volant skis with Gucci-Jong bindings?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well no wonder i missed them, would have been all over those skis.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That first page was up there with trolling legends such as the Rick Roll. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1 wrote:
I think jzBun is a 'bot'. Looked through a selection of posts....

Erm no, he is definitely not. He is a real heart beating living breathing person.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K2-Team-Seth-Morrison-Skis-179cm-Marker-Airpad-Bindings-Rare-Art-Skis-World-Ship-/291597146057?hash=item43e48b57c9:g:Tq8AAOSwuWVWE9az

This is a good move .... offering his f#@+*"d skis as rare wall art !!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Check these out http://www.snowandrock.com/zai%20bentley%20%28ski%20only%29/zai-ski/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/60155
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got to have a pair of them @Mountain Addiction ...
I can stand in the lift queue with a sort of elitist air.

In fact I dont think I'd ski with them I could just look suave catching the gondola up and down.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mountain Addiction wrote:
Check these out http://www.snowandrock.com/zai%20bentley%20%28ski%20only%29/zai-ski/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/60155

Ha do they come with accommodation in Zermatt for a season and a happy ending each night??? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DrLawn wrote:
I've got to have a pair of them @Mountain Addiction ...
I can stand in the lift queue with a sort of elitist air.

In fact I dont think I'd ski with them I could just look suave catching the gondola up and down.

That must be why people buy branded stuff – because if they actually skied them they’d be covered in snow so who could tell? Unless the actual performance really is that much better, in which case the sales pitch would list the reviews saying so when selling it…
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mountain Addiction, Approx 1 hours 'pay' for Wayne Rooney. So it is all relative.........
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PowderAdict wrote:
@Mountain Addiction, Approx 1 hours 'pay' for Wayne Rooney. So it is all relative.........

Maybe, but thankfully we're not all Wayne Rooney, phew Cool But, hey, on a thread where discussion vaires from Wall Hangings to happy endings in Zermatt I guess it's fair game to laugh at a pair of £8000 skis - without bindings... is that because the bindings are made from solid diamonds and attached to the ski using unicorn tears? Oh, in that case I'll take 2!
latest report
@Mountain Addiction,
Don't mention unicorns. The mushette will want a pair now Toofy Grin
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:

So no more than two slight touches of the ball Razz
ski holidays
Then again anyone remember Carradan skis ? only cost around $18k-$19k. But if memory serves they did come in a nice presentation box so going of the quality of the skis that box must be worth at least $17k Shocked
snow report
Hi @fixx, I'm going to start cutting out the logos in the Sunday Times.
When I've got some interesting ones I'm going to stick them on the Black Starts, and apply some lacquer over them.
Just nipping down to find the papers.
snow conditions
speed098 wrote:
Then again anyone remember Carradan skis ? only cost around $18k-$19k. But if memory serves they did come in a nice presentation box so going of the quality of the skis that box must be worth at least $17k Shocked

http://messybeast.com/asheras.htm gives a potted history of the type of person who creates these "master pieces"

Breeds kittens now.
ski holidays
I do like the fact the wood core comes from a different hemisphere for each ski, to counter the coriolis effect. Allegedly.
latest report
For the ultimate in ski pose w4nkerdom see the following snippet from the Mail back in 2006:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/holidaytypeshub/article-594831/Posh-Ice-Victoria-Beckham-slopes.html

For the first and possibly the last time ever the Hate Mail adopts the correct tone and gives Stick Spice a shoeing.
snow conditions
^^^ says 'While it is not recommended for skiers to wear a watch...'

Er, can anyone enlighten me Puzzled
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
^^^ says 'While it is not recommended for skiers to wear a watch...'

Er, can anyone enlighten me Puzzled

Lifty's don't like ypou pointing to your watch when they close up 10 min early snowHead
snow report
limegreen1 wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K2-Team-Seth-Morrison-Skis-179cm-Marker-Airpad-Bindings-Rare-Art-Skis-World-Ship-/291597146057?hash=item43e48b57c9:g:Tq8AAOSwuWVWE9az

This is a good move .... offering his f#@+*"d skis as rare wall art !!

Cheeky fecker. I sold a brand new pair of those on Snowheads to NickDwhen they were near current for £200 IIRC.

Crap bindings n all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy