Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

info on old K2 model

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, guys, I'm not much more than a casual/beginner skier (once every few years), and I was recently gifted with a full kit (K2 SIX-7-SIX skis and poles, Caber boots). I was just trying to figure out what I have, what they're worth, and whether I should sell them/keep using rental gear or keep them for myself.

Thanks,
Jon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Worth nothing. Caber boots will likely explode when used. Make your decisions accordingly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jmoe36, pics would be interesting? Caber haven't been an active brand for a while, never hear of the skis and I am a long time ski geek, (I know of (and have skied on) skis that you can't find on the internet, not that you would probably want to...! )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12065544_10100686962563766_6514830132201328754_n.jpg?oh=d6e3138ae0e745076ec1dad7189f8a34&oe=56B64AF7

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-0/p206x206/12108836_10100686962548796_8916965484423714693_n.jpg?oh=635df9c8391290bd47c533dc31ae4c37&oe=56CF3E1E
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow not to put you on a downer but all that kit belongs in a museum. On the up side, keep it for another 20 years and the retro look will be back in.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh, no worries. That's exactly why I asked... this all came out of an old storage locker. So what does old mean, '70s? They seem to be in surprisingly good condition for being so out of date.

Also, would its age make it better or worse to use for a beginner?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would consider Planting flowers in the boots and using the skis as runners for a home built toboggan.
Don't think of skiing on that kit unless you belong to one of those "Saturday morning" ski groups that like to re live yesterday year!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or mount shot glasses/pint glasses along the ski and pretend you're a student for any party.....

I would doubt they would be safe to ski on any more - bindings essentially rely on springs - metal springs and age don't go well together.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Salomon 447 bindings? Circa 1988... Presume skis the same. Caber absorbed by Rossignol many years ago.

The boots probably won't fit, probably won't really suit and have 0 value. Bin em. The string and handle for carrying them however, is just as good as the day it was strung. Keep that, it'll work just fine with new boots.

Skis have come a very very long way since those were built and as said above, the bindings are almost certainly not gooing to work properly now and no-one's going to sell you replacement parts. Modern skis make it way, way easier to learn.

I am afraid that none of it has much skiing utility. Except the boot carrying thing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well the colours of the boots match the graphics on the skis. That means they must be good, right?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy