Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hike and Ride Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am about to replace my faithful boots with some new ones and am thinking of getting some Hike and Ride boots....as with most people this is more for an hour or maybe mas two of skiing so get to snow otherwise inaccessible. I will still be spending 90% of my time on piste though as I have two young kids aged 5 and 7 who have just started and expect a lot of time to be on piste for the next few years. That said when I do a weekend with friends being able to skin would be a major plus.

So how good are hike and ride boots for on piste work ? Are they a big compromise? I am 6'2" and about 100kg so am wondering whether hike and ride boots will work well for me on piste. I've skied for nigh on 20 years...decent enough skier. I have skied Mantra's for a long time and just bought some Brahma's at the end of last season as they are a bit narrower/piste freindly as an idea of the kind of skier I am. Might put the touring bindings on my Mantra's for now or get something more specific!

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
for the most part you will notice very little difference in performance unless you want to start skiing on FIS level race skis then they just don't hve the torsional stiffness to drive the ski (but then again most recreational boots would be the same)

it all comes down to foot shape just like with any ski boot, but there are some great options with a metal to metal hike more such as the Lange XT 130 available in 2 widths

worth having a chat with your boot fitter and seeing what will work for you
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy