Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current Whistler Snow and Avi news

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI: Paul here in Whistler's Creekside.
It's coming- but how and when; who knows ? There is snow in the alpine and it goes down to mid-station...
Thin but encouraging. Bad Weather Good !!
Looks like a crappy few days coming at us... I am feeling somewhat 'optimistic'... only because I remember in 1998; a two meter Opening Base with a Six Meter closing base in June... and four years ago a; wait for it... Four Meter November.
We seemed to be a few Celsius warmer than 'average' but this seems to have cooled in... a day.
With our fuked up Jet Stream and the warm Blob and a Godzilla el Nino in the works... who can say ? Damn the Pineapples and Atmospheric Rivers !!
Last year we had the hardest snow-line around the valley. White above and green below Mid-station where it was hard to blow snow; for months. Downloading sucked ! Above mid the heroic groomers did the best they could with the huge snow crystals and gravel chips... For about six weeks we had the worst breakable crust in the Alpine off-piste. I've never seeen anything like this persistence. Just freaky.
Go Here Now for just the best CURRENT Pacific Coastal info. Wayne Flann is a a very senior patroller/avi-dude on blackcomb and has a great blog- with great links to snow news from around the globe... ps: He's flyin' his drone around now too.

http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.com/2011/11/another-active-day-on-mountains.html#more
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oops. Missed the Alberta BC thread - please post there but Wayne really deserves his own thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gforce, I was in Whistler in March last season, and your description of the appalling snow conditions is one of the few honest ones reported, among the 'epic' conditions threads.

I was also there 4 years ago in December after the 4m November, but due to a temperature inversion it had largely melted 2 weeks later, giving the same appalling conditions Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy