Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

megeve/combloux lift pass info

Poster: A snowHead
hi fellow snowheads, we are going on a family ski trip to Combloux (first time to that area) in feb half term, just looking to book our lift passes in the next couple of weeks as the deals are starting at the moment, as both my daughters will be in ski school for in the mornings. am just wondering if financially it would be better off just to buy the local pass (porte du mont blanc) for all of us, and if it is then possible to upgrade to the full pass (evasion mont blanc) for a day if we are going to venture over to Megeve and if so how much as I can not seem to find the info on either resorts website. I would probably want it more than the family!!!!.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@terrygasson, miranda is the expert on that area. If she doesn't see this thread send her a PM.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It depends what you want to do. If you want to potter around slowly in a children-friendly resort, Combloux alone will be enough. There's also a fair bit of off piste if you're confident you know where to go, without needing a guide. If you're used to bigger areas, and want to cover a lot of ground, you will have skied every piste within the first 1-2 days. We were there for four days last year, and spent one of those in Chamonix, and there was just about enough to keep us interested, but we were glad we weren't there much longer. Megeve/St Gervais has a lot more skiing, easily enough for a week, but getting from Combloux to the other side of the valley can be a problem - ski to Jaillet, wait for the bus, which is not all that frequent, then a longish ride through town to the other side. The alternative, if you have a car, is to drive across to the Princesse lift in Demi-Quartier. There's free parking there, and it takes you straight into the Megeve ski area. I'm not sure if you can upgrade for just a day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, thanks pam, sorry for my ignorance but how do I pm Miranda?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to the send/receive messages link - top right - and just put "miranda" in the address field.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chamcham, I know the area would probably not be to taxing for me and my OH as we both worked in the 3valleys before, but primarily this is all about the kids ski holiday, there will be 2 families with both sets of adults very competent skiers/boarders and all the children going to ski school in the mornings, the plan was for the parents to be able to take it in turns to venture further afield whilst the others look after the kids in the afternoon.
but It would be great to be able to take the kids over to Megeve on the final days after ski school is finished (all the kids have skied before to varying degrees). personally I want to be able take the kids on the gondolas/telepherique in Megeve as they have not been on any of these before, they have only used drags at hemel!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks @pam w,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@terrygasson, If you picked up the children from ski school and went straight to Jaillet, you could spend the afternoon on the Megeve side, then get the bus back in the evening, but for that, you'd all need the wider area lift pass. The alternative would be to take a 4-5 day pass for the children for Combloux, then a wide area pass for them for the last 1-2 days. BTW, Jaillet has a gondola.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks @Chamcham, @pam w, after working out all the permutations it was near enough the same cost to purchase a family full area pass so have bit the bullet and purchased this evening, making use of favourable exchange rate at present
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds good. Then you can go anywhere, anytime, without having to faff around. Miranda would be a useful source of advice on nice pistes, local conditions, restaurants, etc
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my thoughts exactly @pam w, will get in touch with Miranda nearer the time for some detailed local knowledge.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@terrygasson,

good decision I think. The skiing around Mont Arbois / Princess is very nice even if you don't go all the way over to the far side of Megeve. Try to get over to Saint Nicholas at some point - it's pretty and quiet.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks @jedster, will be trying to get over to the various area when we can.

terry
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have discovered that the people who run ChamExpress have a similar service to Megeve, which could be very useful - much easier for me to meet visitors in Megeve than in Geneva. Any experience of this service? I don't know how long it's been going, but I don't recall seeing any of their vans on the road up to Megeve. Though that might be because they go via Les Contamines.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes we've had guests use them and also borini bus to get to Megeve and they've not had a problem with either service.

We got an email yesterday from http://www.starshipper.com who are starting a service to Praz sur Arly this year, so obviously have not yet used them.
ski holidays
thanks Miranda, will have a look at that.
snow conditions
thanks Miranda, will have a look at that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy