Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valley d'Allos Pra-Loup

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I have an insane question..........I want to take my kids for 2 weeks of skiing and have just been offered really great accomodation for the Valley d'Allos for 12 December until 24th December?????
Does anyone have any feelings on snow fall this year at Pra-Loup and would I be better off driving further as I cannot change the dates.

Thanks for reading...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who knows?

Pra Loup is supposed to open on the 5th December and normally the Southern Alps gets better early season snow so it could be a goer. If you are travelling from Aus. where will you fly to? The ski area is great but you'd need to make sure the link between the Val d'Allos and Pra Loup is running if you want to ski the whole area.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your insights. It might still be worth waiting until late November before booking accommodation. I am already in Frejus and I think I have to take the car as I can't see any buses to Pra Loup. So I should carry chaines in the boot of the car incase I get bogged?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know Pra Loup but if I were looking for early season in the Southern Alps I think Montgenevre is the safest bet as it is often open in early December.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fréjus? Well beyond l'Audibergue and Greolieres it's almost your local resort then. There are two resorts in the Val d'Allos and a train that stops at or near Colmars, which is a very pretty little town. On the Pra Loup side there is a bus service from Marseille to Barcelonette (with its atypical architecture) then a free navette to resort.

http://www.scal-amv-voyages.com/images/Image/File/fiches_horaires/FH-30-11012015.pdf

otherwise chains would be ideal, the road is north facing so could be tricky.

Villa "Neu Schwanstein" in Barcelonette.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the good suggestions and the photo. I think I am definitely going to Pra Loup for just one week before christmas. Now I just need to find some good second hand equipment if possible as there's not much point taking it back to Perth. Bisous
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy