Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

custom liners done at ProFeet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had custom liners done at Profeet in Fulham recently? I will be in London for a weekend soon, and was thinking of getting them done there. I had my footbeds done there 2 years back, and they gave great service, and did lots of other tweaks on my boots that made a considerable difference. I have never had custom liners done before, but as my current ones are shot, I am ready to take the plunge and go in with an open mind and see what they suggest.

And before anyone jumps on me and says, "just go and see CEM!", I have basically 2 hours free time in London when I am there, and Profeet is the most convenient...

Any tips/experiences on custom liners done there are much appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had Sidas foam liners done there for the 13/14 season. I have a club left foot, so foam liners are my only realistic option. Aside from the extra steps I needed, if you went with foam liners, the process would be same.

As this is a planned trip, the main thing to check is that they have all the 'parts' in stock in the possible sizes you might need. There would be nothing worst than sitting down to be measured and then be told, you need 'X' but we don't have them in your size, can you come back next week. You are probably early enough in the season for this not to be an issue, but it would be worth checking. I would say that my session took more than 2 hours, so I would not try an do the fitting up against a hard deadline.

I can't comment on any of the other liner options, because I have only had foam liners for the last 25 years. But I can confirm that these are easily the best I have had done. Eight weeks on them so far, and they still feel as good as the first day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok, this is strange...did you get fitted there around the end of Oct 13/14? If so, I was getting my footbeds done at the same time!

Regardless, thanks for the tips. As I have read that foam liners are very much a "one shot and done", deal, I have asked that their most experienced person does this. I am actually looking forward to having something so customised done. As I live in Norway, I am skiing around 50+ days a year, so I am interested to see what the whole fuss is about Happy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Getting foam boots done is something of an experience, especially when the pressure builds up during the setting phase Shocked

The foam liners will probably be slightly heavier than the standard liners, but you can see the quality of the fit, as when you look into the boot, you can see a perfect cross section of your lower leg/ankle.

I had mine fitted by Michelle who was their lead fitter at the time, but she left and was replaced by Janine. In any case the actual foaming is a two person job.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lilledonmarco, you need to get in quick to make an appointment if it's soon - they get very booked up
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy