Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

December 13 Montgenvre or Sestriere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As per usual, my kids have the 2nd week of December free from school. The lame week!

Anyway, although it is too soon to tell, I have a feeling there will be better overall conditions in December 2015, than December 2014 (not hard to beat). We will be skiing for 3 weeks straight! The second week will be Sauze d'Oulx, and the 3rd week in Sansicario.

It just the first week, and looking for SNOWHEAD wisdom:

So, it being off season still, I have my choice of accommodations and slopes.

I have a hold on the Hotel Principi Piemonte Sestriere, which has indoor swimming pool and spa faculties in the case of no snow, or something to do whilst waiting for snow...

Or

I think to book in Montgenvre for the spice of life factor, its further away from Sauze or Sansicario, so it would give me a bit more variety to ski, would book MMV Le Hameau des Airelles. Outdoor pool doesn't seem to be too warm, and only opens at 4pm, so in the case of no snow.... hum... in the case of good and plentiful snow, it will be cheaper, and I don't need to explain to anyone that saving some EUROS is important when one want to ski 3 weeks straight.

Oh, also planning to get a season pass there as well... as plan to go back to our favorite place in Sauze for mid terms...

What does the snowhead wisdom say? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you have to book now? I'd wait to have some idea about the snow cover early in December.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Do you have to book now? I'd wait to have some idea about the snow cover early in December.

+1, that is quite early...

FYI though, there is a new indoor pool / spa place in Monty - other end of town to where you're thinking of staying though.

Also, season passes currently 30% off....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just for variety I'd chose Monty, as you'll be over the Italian side for the other two weeks already. The resort is hoping to open at the end of November (obviously depending on snowfall) although not properly open until the 18th December in terms of lift pass pricing.
I'd think that Sestriere would be a bit dull in no snow, other than the pool/spa. Monty has a new pool/spa complex that has opened this season, so this gives you something to do if no snow, plus its nearer to places like Briancon for day trips? Monty has a golf course (if open??), a cinema and the monty express luge.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@carettam, good to know about Monty. That is what I was thinking too about variety. I get a season pass, have a week at Monty, which is a long haul from Sauze, and then indeed Briancon, my golf game sucks (sadly), but also I thought shopping in Torino whilst waiting for snow...

and I can cancel my Sestriere booking up to 48 hours before, without penalty, got a killer price.

Like I said, last year was a snow drama, ended up in Cervinia, which was very enjoyable, but don't need to go back, but would if snow conditions called for it. And, planning to get the season pass, which is then a bit better than break even if I miss the first week of skiing...

The only thing on the Monty accommodations, is is I book them now, at cheapest price, can't really cancel if there isn't snow... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for Montgenevre, Serre Chevalier is just 15 mins away for yet more options!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy