Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres in Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I would appreciate some view on the apres ski in Les Menuires? We are looking at going there this year for a change. In recent years we have stayed in Tignes Le Lac, Tignes VC, Arc 1800 & Vallandry. All had 3 or 4 decent bars which we found to be adequate. We tend to have a few beers when we come off the slopes in places that have a decent atmosphere. Can I expect the same in Les Menuires. We will be visiting mid Jan?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No. It's a concrete jungle with no atmosphere, even worse than Tignes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@uncleinan, Where are you planning on staying, parts of it are a bit concrete jungle, and the bars in the centre are bit souless. If you are in one of the hubs chances are you will be fine. I usually stay up in Reberty, where you can drink in the Ferme, and ski down to Les Menuires, there are a couple of places on the left of the main runs back down to Les Menuires, which are OK. In January you won't want to drink in the main square, as the sun is setting you won't see it as you will be facing the wrong way and in shadow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Blahblahblah,

Planning on staying at the Le Hameau des Airelles on the edge of the resort. Ski In Ski Out but a bit of a trek to the centre?

Other sites mention le Mousse, Crazy Bar, Le Challenge, Le Tilbury? Just after a few beers with perhaps some live music, a pool table, or even some sport on the TV?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@uncleinan, There are free buses, so no trekking in theory. I don't know that end very well.

http://media2.lesmenuires.com/2015/10/planorama-les-menuires-hiver-2015_2016.pdf show the bus route, you are in A5, 4 stops very close by.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Le Mousse is a reasonable place for a beer. It has a football table, cheap beer until 9pm and live music or similar until late. The Challenge is next to Le Mousse and is very similar. Generally no live TV. They may not be everyone's cup of tea. Although I am in Reberty in the winter I use Le Mousse regularly when I have visitors. For live sport on TV then Le Skilt which is popular with the British. As others have mentioned the centre is served by the bus every 20 minutes until 8pm then every 40 minutes thereafter?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy