Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellis Brigham London Boot Fitter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been pointed (by a well respected boot fitter) in the direction of Fischer Vacuum boots as a possible solution to my challenging feet. Looking around there are a few stockists in the South East but it would appear only Ellis Brigham carry the most likely models.

Wondering if anyone can recommend an Ellis Brigham fitter working out of a London store?

Thanks

Ian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@IANL100, Ski Bartlett have Fischer Vacuum equipment and boots in stock (or at least they did last season) - I would go to them every time on something like this, they have good people on site but worth a call to make sure of best time to drop in and who is best to assist.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Ski Bartlett have Fischer Vacuum equipment and boots in stock

Alas, they aren't carrying the boots which look most relevant otherwise I would pay them a visit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@IANL100, I'd give them a call, I'd be surprised if they can't get the right boots from Fischer for you. Given the price tags involved, they should be interested in helping you out wherever they can, and the guys they have dealing with boots are pretty good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Profeet do Fischer, but none specifically say VACUUM. They do have the vacuum footbed forming equipment on site, pretty sure the wifes new boots were Fischer from there and she had the whole shebang 2hr+ boot fit treatment.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@IANL100, I would ask for Matt at their Covent Garden store.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@IANL100, Hi, yes, ask for Matt at Covent Garden, he's into his 4th year with us now. Really knows his stuff and is well used to the Vacuum system.
Let me know if you want any more help.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
depends on the reason that you were recommended that boot, i have suggested it to 3 people this season, all with specific problems and all requiring a medially posted orthotic insert to go with the abducted stance of the boot, without that correction on the footbed the boot simply will not work for those people in the way they want it to
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin it was yourself who pointed me in the direction of the Fischers due to my differing length feet and skinny ankles
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@IANL100, ah, the one person who didn't have the completely messed up feet with a rotated stance
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I also have problem feet, I went in to Ellis and Brigham in Covenant Garden (ask for Matt or Lynn, they are by far the best of the bunch). They fit me for Fischer but didn't stock the boot I needed for my feet, build and skiing type. Rather than try to sell me something else they offered to do a special order for the boots i required (this option turned out to be very expensive) or said i could try and find them elsewhere and bring them in for the fit for a nominal charge. I found the boots £200 cheaper in the states and had E&B do the fit. I saved £150 doing it this way and now have a fantastic fitting boots.

on the other hand, snow and rock were a joke. they tried to sell me a pair of salomon xpros which apparently they try and sell everyone, the only reason i tried E&B was because i thought the fit was terrible and it turns out i was right.

...you wont be disappointed with E&B

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 28-10-15 18:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Colin it was yourself who pointed me in the direction of the Fischers due to my differing length feet and skinny ankles

That is exactly why Ski Bartlett recommended them to me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy